Decision Making Disorder

veritas

Which rims look the best?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which rims look the best?

• 1. RS LIMITED NENGAN SILVER
    • 2. AKUZA SUBLIME
    • 3. DEVINO INTAKE

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you gonna pay for them?? Because those wheels you posted belong on Civics and cars of that caliper.. You own a Lexus, put reputable parts on it.. Get something of quality.. I'm sorry if I sound like a d!ck but I really hate it when people do their Lexus wrong.. Trust me, you don't want to be the one that people laugh at and make fun of.. There are many rims out there that aren't that expensive and of good quality..

That's my specialty.. First off, what's your budget for wheels.. You see I sell all JDM parts and wheels.. I'm offering 20% off all Work wheels.. But I'll link you to a few sites where you look around..

Work Wheels...

Ray's Wheels...

Hart Wheels...

L-Sportline...

Kinesis Wheels...

Fikse Wheels...

And you can take a look through Dazz too...

I'm looking for 17's or 18's. I've got a budget of about $2000.00 wiith tires. I'd like to go with 18's but if the ride is too harsh, 17's would suffice. The cheaper the better. Quality is still a major factor and I'm willing to go up in budget in the name of quality. I was hoping to have a little money left over for a spoiler, front strut bar, and a eibach drop. Any suggestions? It's really hard to visualize my car with rims.

Listen, for my fellow members over here I'm more than willing to make sure you get everything you want and give you the cheapest price possible.. So don't worry too much on other things like the STB, spoiler, and springs.. Those are things that we can get for cheap.. The rims is what gonna run you some chedder.. But before we go any further, what type of rim do you like the most, example mesh, spoke, or dish?? Then I can show you some rims that fit somewhat into your price range..

check this out.. I just ran some numbers and with the 20% off you can get some amazing wheels in 18".. Also if you want them staggered like mine your still within your budget.. Here's some of the wheels so far.. The ones that I'm showing you now are $1,710.00 for 18X7.5" How does that sound?? Checkout the these, they are all true 2 piece rims.. If you'd like 17's they'd be even cheaper.

There are many other rims and styles just let me know what you like.. And I'll find something for you.

Here are the Work "Euroline FS"

view3.jpg

Here are the Work "Euroline KH"

view2.jpg

And here are the Work "Euroline SL"

view1.jpg

This is going to sound like Rims 101.

1. What's a staggered setup?

2. Will there be rubbing issues on the ES300 for the 18's?

3. Do the prices include tires?

4. What are two piece rims?

5. Is there a ride difference between 17's and 18's?

6. What are the differences between spoke, mesh, and dish?

Now that the questions are out of the way, I really like the Work "Euroline KH". Here's a few problems though. $2000.00 is all I can afford for aftermarket accessories. My car already has about 125K on it and the check engine light came on last week (rear o2 sensor, $187 to replace). I'd hate to invest a large amount of money when I know that I'll have to do a major belt, hose, and plug overhaul soon, not to mention brakes. I really like the style of the "KH's". Would these tires look funny in 17's? My goal is to have to car look sporty and not too flashy. I'm a 26 year old Asian dude in the heart of Alabama. Once every two weeks or so, someone knocks on my window at an intersection asking if I sell drugs. Rims would really compound that issue.

I really appreciate your help.

I am also interested & following all this, I have a 1995 ls400.

Is there a site where we can look at the wheels on our specific car (tire rack is too limited). What is your opinion about ride quality on 18's? and how much for eurohart c-form?

Thanks!

This is going to sound like Rims 101.

1. What's a staggered setup?

2. Will there be rubbing issues on the ES300 for the 18's?

3. Do the prices include tires?

4. What are two piece rims?

5. Is there a ride difference between 17's and 18's?

6. What are the differences between spoke, mesh, and dish?

Now that the questions are out of the way, I really like the Work "Euroline KH".  Here's a few problems though.  $2000.00 is all I can afford for aftermarket accessories.  My car already has about 125K on it and the check engine light came on last week (rear o2 sensor, $187 to replace).  I'd hate to invest a large amount of money when I know that I'll have to do a major belt, hose, and plug overhaul soon, not to mention brakes.  I really like the style of the "KH's".  Would these tires look funny in 17's?  My goal is to have to car look sporty and not too flashy.  I'm a 26 year old Asian dude in the heart of Alabama.  Once every two weeks or so, someone knocks on my window at an intersection asking if I sell drugs.  Rims would really compound that issue.

I really appreciate your help.

Here are the answers to your questions,

1.) Staggered setup: that's when the rear rims are wider than the front.. Like for me I have 20X8.5 in the front and 20X10 in the rear.. That's staggered.. But I got alittle ahead of myself and I forgot you have a ES, and u don't stagger when you have front wheel drive..

2.) I'm not a pro when it comes to 18's on ES's.. I know people do it, and as long as you get the right measurements you should be fine.. Do a search and see who has 18's, then ask them what offsets are on their rims.. Also, these companies I deal with specialize in our cars and whatever you want they'll make it to the right measurements.

3.) No, the prices do not include tires..

4.) There is a ride difference between 17" and 18" wheels sizes but nothing dramatic..

5.) The differences in the styles are pretty much self explanatory.. The pics of the 3 different rims are all spoke wheels..

This is a Dish,

view4.jpg

This is a Mesh, now also with this pic if you look closely at the rims you can see how the rear lip is bigger than the front lip.. This car has a staggered setup.. Like if you look at Porsche's, M'series BMW's, AMG Benz's the rear wheels are always wider than the front..

main1.jpgmain2.jpg

I am also interested & following all this, I have a 1995 ls400.

Is there a site where we can look at the wheels on our specific car (tire rack is too limited). What is your opinion about ride quality on 18's? and how much for eurohart c-form?

Thanks!

Not that I know.. There are only a couple of places that show rims on specific cars.. So I'm sorry I can help you out with that but I can look around and find some pics of your car with some killer wheels and bodykits.. My GS has 20" wheels with Tein "Flex" coilovers, and don't think my ride is terrible.. Now with 18" wheels it's almost the same as your stock wheels.. There many car companies who sell cars with factory 18's so it can't be that terrible of a ride..

The C-form rims are made in specific sizes.. The 18's are 7.5" wide ($390 ea) and IMO that's too narrow to go on your LS... But in 19's they have 8"($467 ea) and 9"($496 ea) widths.. Now I don't deal with Hart Wheels but I can import them in if you want, also anotherthing look through the Work Wheels site because after the discount I'm offering it pretty much buy 3 rims get the 4th free.. And from what I've seen you can't beat that especially because they are Imported wheels from Japan and are hard to come by in the states..

The prices are still a little steep for me. I'd have to drop another $600.00 on tires, mounting, and balancing. How much would the Termist TS1 Reloadeds be in 18"? Also, could you recommend some middle of the road wheel manufacturers i.e. Koenig?

• 1 month later...

MrSypher, I am interested in getting hooked up for my 2000 GS400. My budget, with tires is about $2500. I was going to go with SSR Comps 18x8.5 with 245s all around, basically because of the light weight, but changed my mind. I don't think the SSR Comps are a good fit for a GS400. I really like the look of some of the Works you posted in theis thread. Are 18s availible in a 8.5 width in Works?