Correct Cold Tire Pressure

just stating what the manual states. You can go from 0.0 PSI to the max on the tire as outlined in my book and be perfectly fine. The 26 nor 32 is not set in stone or on the tire. I go by what is molded on the tire. That way you get the PSI rated per the tire. Lexus does not know what tires I have on the car. Does Lexus make Goodyear, zitto, etc? The people that make the tires know best, not lexus.

Even if I install max I bet 100 to 1 in 1 day it will drop some %. then not be at max.

If you want to get technical, the manual states different PSI for difference loads. So now what does the sticker do? Again I could carless what people do, just stating what the manual states.

Also what PSI would you do IF you installed your Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on yor ES the 26, 32 or 44? Big delta in PSI here.

The wonderful sticker and parts of the manual are only valid for the size rims and tires as outlined in the sticker. After that, all bets are off.

It goes back to my original post, put corvette rims and tires on the car (in theory). Do you still go by the sticker PSI (OEM tire & rim sizes)? No way.

My poinst is the they sticker is only valid if you have OEM rims and tires. Outside of that, the sticker is worth zero.

One wouldn't put the Pilot Sport A/S tires on an ES as it is overkill to say the least. Unless one has done severe mods to it. I've tested from real world experence & found the best overall ride, and gas milage is between those pressures I mentioned. Yes the pressures depend on the load of the car but I never come close to the maxium weight limit & never will so I have no worries.

:cheers:

ok,i work at a tire shop and we set all passenger tires at 35psi large trucks/sport cars we set the tire at the max then back it off 2-3 pounds.but i would NEVER set my tires below 30 for daily driving.thats to low...rember the firestone wilderness tires?it was a bad tire but a little know part of the problem what that ford said to keep the tires at 26psi.running the tires low causes alot of internal(sp) heat and can cause the tires to go bye bye at high speeds..thats my 2cents

No offense taken, if someone reads it that way, that is there issue not mine. I am having fun and adding comments, good or bad to this free service.

No not actually. At the LOC we basically only have one posting guideline, be polite. Rudeness is not tolerated at all here. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure that your postings don't offend others. So its your problem, not theres. I agree with hilchan's assessment of the situation, you can definately come off as rude. You need to be more careful.

am I being well within my rights yup

No, you're not. You agreed to our only posting guideline when you joined the club. If you continue to be rude to people then you'll be either placed on posting probation or banned. We take having a nice friendly community very seriously. So please, tone it down. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and they're entitled to that opinion as long as they express it with respect.