1992 Sc 400a/c High Low Val

I'm no authority figure on this subject. But the factory service manual states that "The very different characteristics of rifrigerants HFC134a and CFC12 have determined the design of the respective air conditioning systems. Under no circumstances allow CFC12 to enter an HFC134a system or vice versa, because serious damage could occur."

Compressor oil used in conventional CFC 12 air conditioning systems cannot be used in HFC134a air conditioning systems. Use ND - Oil 8 made expressly for use with HFC134a (toyota HFC134a air conditioning oil).

If you are aware of this and still want to proceed:

On the SC4, the low pressure port appears to be on the driver side of the vehicle, just behind the battery, very near to the front of the valve cover for that side. I'd scan the picture I'm looking at but my scanner has been broke for over a year now and I haven't replaced it. Hope that helps. Be careful with that stuff.

be sure to vacume the system and as AWJ said you should change oil as it is better for the system. you need to evacuate all of the exixting r12 gas. mixing of the two could cause or would most definetily cause damage to the system

• 3 weeks later...
I'm no authority figure on this subject. But the factory service manual states that "The very different characteristics of rifrigerants HFC134a and CFC12 have determined the design of the respective air conditioning systems. Under no circumstances allow CFC12 to enter an HFC134a system or vice versa, because serious damage could occur."

Compressor oil used in conventional CFC 12 air conditioning systems cannot be used in HFC134a air conditioning systems. Use ND - Oil 8 made expressly for use with HFC134a (toyota HFC134a air conditioning oil).

If you are aware of this and still want to proceed:

On the SC4, the low pressure port appears to be on the driver side of the vehicle, just behind the battery, very near to the front of the valve cover for that side. I'd scan the picture I'm looking at but my scanner has been broke for over a year now and I haven't replaced it. Hope that helps. Be careful with that stuff.

i just had my ac system (r 12 system) evacuated & charged with the new type of freon at the toyota dealership. lexus dealer would not do this when asked. toyota says they do it all the time lately. they put a sticker under the hood that tells of the changeover. ac is cooling great & so far so good. they also put some special dye in there that will glow neon at a leak area under a certain type of light. this was done on a 92 SC400.

How much did the dealership charge to do it? My A/C needs a recharge, and I don't feel like messing with it here.

toyota charged about 180.00 for the changeover