92 Lexus Es300 Wont Start Doesnt Even Crank

I have a 92 Lexus es300, went out to start it today and nothing. Wont even crank. Tested the battery, alternator, and starter.They all tested fine. I have no clue as to what else could be the cause. Please help, all suggestions are helpful

How did you test the battery? the Alternator?the Starter?

If they were all fine, then either the starter fuse/relay/solenoid, the ignition switch, the fusible link are bad, or your battery cables to the starter, etc., are broken/corroded, or the security system has shut the system down.

There are a multitude of things that could cause this issue, even a mouse making a nest in the bottom of your fuse box Been there myself). You need a good independent mechanic to track down the problem.

My father tested the battery and alternator with his meter. I took the starter in to advance auto parts and had them test it. It tested perfect. While there I purchased a new starter relay. Still not turning over or cranking. Ive ordered a ignition switch (the wires) which wont be here til tomorrow. No mice have made a home in any of my fuse boxes. Ive checked for evidence of that. Plus our outdoor cat hangs around my car quite frequently so he would catch them first. If the security system has shut down the system how would I correct that? Ive tried the silly reset notion of being in the car and locking and unlocking the doors with the key button. Ive also turned the security system off to see if that helped and nothing

sweetchick79,

Don't go throwing parts at the car unless you are absolutely certain they need changing. You may be throwing away good parts and money needlessly. And as you know Lexus parts don't come cheap!

Don't install that ignition switch .... unless you know for certain that your old one is bad. Once you install it, even if you discover you don't need a new switch because your old one is fine, the dealership will not take the part back. Electrical parts are not returnable if you've installed them, and in some cases even if you took them out of their packaging!

My suggestion, unless your dad is a licensed mechanic, or a very good backyard mechanic, would be to get the car to a good independent mechanic and have him trace down the issue. This is a common issue that mechanics run across every week.

Just so you know my father is an awesome mechanic. He tested the wire part of the ignition and said its not getting power which means its not working. Replacing the wires is far cheaper than replacing the ignition control module. Which I so hope its not the ignition control module as thats a $400 part

I will have to assume that your father tested the battery under a load, not static. Batteries have a funny way of showing power yet under a load, failing due to a compromised cell. Of course if you jump it from another car, you will know.