Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2001 Lexus Is300 Wont Start! Help

Hi, i owned a 2001 lexus is300. The car has 9 months in a garage. I put a new battery and when i plug the positive (+) cable the parking lights and security light turn on. I turn the key to start but nothing happen. Can you helpt me with this?

I take a video.

When ignition is turned on the Fuel gauge should respond.

Do you have another key to try.

from FSM

The system cannot be canceled when the ignition switch is turned

to ON with key.

1. Key Unlock Warning Switch

2. Ignition Switch

3. RAD NO. 2 Fuse

4. Wire Harness

5. Theft Deterrent ECU

BE-21

BE-21

BE-15

-

DI-776

When ignition is turned on the Fuel gauge should respond. Do you have another key to try. from FSM The system cannot be canceled when the ignition switch is turned to ON with key. 1. Key Unlock Warning Switch 2. Ignition Switch 3. RAD NO. 2 Fuse 4. Wire Harness 5. Theft Deterrent ECU BE-21 BE-21 BE-15 - DI-776

hi, thanks.

well i just have the valet key.

the PO tell me that he star the car with the valet key without problem.

what do you mean with this?

1. Key Unlock Warning Switch 2. Ignition Switch 3. RAD NO. 2 Fuse 4. Wire Harness 5. Theft Deterrent ECU BE-21 BE-21 BE-15 - DI-776

When ignition is turned on the Fuel gauge should respond. Do you have another key to try. from FSM The system cannot be canceled when the ignition switch is turned to ON with key. 1. Key Unlock Warning Switch 2. Ignition Switch 3. RAD NO. 2 Fuse 4. Wire Harness 5. Theft Deterrent ECU BE-21 BE-21 BE-15 - DI-776

hi, thanks.

1. Key Unlock Warning Switch 2. Ignition Switch 3. RAD NO. 2 Fuse 4. Wire Harness 5. Theft Deterrent ECU BE-21 BE-21 BE-15 - DI-776

The 1 through 5 are list from FSM of problems that will cause your issue, BE-21 is page number for further info. Sorry it lost format when i hit the post button.

Download the FSM, if you cant find link i have one i can email you link to my files. send me PM

hi, thanks.

The 1 through 5 are list from FSM of problems that will cause your issue, BE-21 is page number for further info. Sorry it lost format when i hit the post button.

Download the FSM, if you cant find link i have one i can email you link to my files. send me PM

Thanks, i all ready order en new master key, i have to cut and program.

I´ll appreciate if you send me the links. I gone send u a pm.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By maybaum@gmail.com
      My 460 has 93K miles.  New battery in March, new key fob batteries last December.  When the car is cold, starts perfectly.  Frequently lately, when I drive 30 to 60minutes and then turn it off for between 30 and 60 minutes (like to have dinner, or go grocery shopping,  the car will not easily start.  Sometimes four or five attempts must be made.  On some attempts, nothing happens at all.  On others, I get a turnover but the engine quickly dies. When it does start, it is a little rough but quickly goes to normal. I had this problem rarely until recently, now it happens 60 to 70% of the time.  The ambient temps are much higher when the problem seems to be the worst.
    • By Moe47
      Hey guys! Been a solid 45.5 days since the LS gave me a problem. 😅 
      Had the car dropped off at a service station for a wash yesterday, drove it around all day after it was back, even went out to get groceries late at night. Tried starting her up this afternoon, but she won't. I hear the click but no cranking after. Opened the hood to have a look and it looked like it was washed inside. Called the service guy up and he said they pressure washed under the hood. How should I proceed from here?
      Funny how the LS always surprises me with these problems. This noon, I had to get somewhere in a REAL hurry and boom! Unfortunately I didn't have my second car with me too, had to take a cab, and the cabs here are DIRTY 😰. I think It's got a mind of its own and loves putting me in desperate situations. 

Edit: Battery is only a few months old. Headlights, radio and everything electrical seems to work fine. 
    • By Mbart
      Got a new Battery a few days ago, went to start today and ignition acted normal as I turn he key  until i get to the start position at which time the car goes dead..all lights and fans go off as normal but no noise after that. starter will not fire, in one of the posts in this forum had a link to Lextreme.com that gave me my problem and the fix.
      problem: anti-theft was ingaged
      Fix: lock and unlock the drivers door from the outside 5 times with the key. This will reset the anti-theft
      It worked, thanks and hope its this simple for others with this problem
      mbart
    • By p_vitale09
      I have a 2002 is300. When the key isn't in the ignition the security light stays on. When I start the car, the security light continues to blink while I am driving the car. I have the master key. Is this normal for the light to blink while driving?
    • By camer0nn
      I have a 1990 Toyota Celsior which was running fine apart from stalling when starting cold.
      Currently the car will fire but wont run. It revs up and then dies.
      So what I have done
      Firstly I began by replacing the coolant temp sensor. It still ran after this but still stalled when cold. Got given a replacement IAC valve (with a different part number but was assured it would be okay) so I installed it. The car would not start with the new IAC valve in and just clicked like a flat battery but I had loads if juice and even tried jump starting of another vehicle - no luck. Replaced the IAC valve with the original one. Tried to start but still clicked like flat battery. I hooked it up to another car and managed to get it to jump start. Took it for a spin around the block, parked back home and then it wouldn't turn off. I removed the coil pack to kill it. Since putting the coil pack back on it will not start. I bought a new IAC valve (with the correct part number) and installed it. Car will still not start. I checked the codes and came back with a 51 - switch condition signal but don't really think this is the cause of the issue. Where to now?
      I thought perhaps that because I put the incorrect IAC valve in that I possibly have done something to the ECU? Can this happen
      My next best guess is to replace the ECU but I would like to know if anyone has better suggestions to try first? Any help is greatly appreciated.
      If it helps I can fire up the car and upload a video of it trying to start so you can hear and see for yourselves.