Tinting!

GSsoldier

hey guys i got a LS400 in champane or gold, what ever u want to call it....

does anyone have a good idea for tinting this car?? is there a color i should stay away from or a color that would look good on this car? in cali the law is no front window tint... but having glasses i could have a lighter tint, so with that in mind anyone have ideas?

by the way its now my 50th post in this forum 50 longer than any forum i have been included in!!! :P :D :D :cheers:

GSsoldier-

I would only recommend getting black tint on the LS. I have a black 1991 LS400 with black tint and it looks great! I think if you get any other color, it will not look the way you want it to. The LS is a luxury automobile and the colored tints seem to detract from that luxury appeal. The black tint keeps the sleak and elegant look alive.

all my tints b/f the LEX were 5% blackout and i loved it...however to keep with classy look of the LS i opted to leave the car untinted.

i did look into the bronze style tint but the shop i went to didn't offer the tint over 20% and i wanted it much lighter than that

i wouldn't go with the mirror tint, i think it would probably look cheap on the car.

i honestly like the factory champange tint that comes on some LS, unfortunatly mine only has a very light film of it....i called around to some shops to see if they could replicate that but all of them said no they coulnd't as it was from the factory and it was a tint in the glass

I had a new car tinted in California in 1998, and the installer noted that while it's illegal to tint the driver and front passenger window, he did it all the time, as long as the standard light green type tint was used. He said that in 10 years of doing tinting, he had only had 3 people say they were given a ticket for it. He also guaranteed to take off the tinted areas, if needed, for free. I had the full tint done, and never had a problem.

The problem is that a dark tint on windows, without doing all the windows, looks odd.. I saw a giant SUV a while back with the black tint on all windows except the aforementioned front ones, and I though it looked strange. I knew it was a Cal car right away. My LS has the black tint-I love it-can't imagine how it would look with some windows only.

yes, it's illegal to tint the front driver and passenger side windows because the CHP cops can't see into the cabin when they're approaching you. THAT's the real reason why, not because of any perceived "driver-reduced visibility" concerns.

I agree about the CHP not being able to look in the car, but I think the real reason they banned front driver/passenger window tint is that there are those fools out there who put that totally black or reflective tint on these windows, and when you are approaching them, and they are on a side street, you have no idea if they are even looking your way. It's scary sometimes here in Texas.

At least the light green tint lets you see the driver.

they have different flavors of tint and if the shop is good they should be able to find u a perfect match and not just install fist black tint they can find. price for tinting should not be more then 180$.