I have used this forum twice, both times saving me a ton of money. I got a code from the dealer indicating my cat needed replacement ($2500) I read on the froum to replace the two 02 sensors after cat. No more light, total cost $150 from Amazon. Today, my key would not turn the ignition switch. I called dealer and they said they could arrange to have it towed in on Monday. I checked the forum and someone explained how to use a hammer and screwdriver(I know it sounds crazy) but it worked perfectly. Thanks for sharing all the great tips!!I hope I can do the same one day when I'm able to solve an issue

• Like 1

One other tip on the key thing, is buy some graphite powder and spray it on the key and insert in the cylinder. This will lubricate the lock cylinder and keep the tumbers working well.

Thanks again for the tips. I did use some graphite but I think I'll give it a week or so and maybe use a little silicone. It seems to be working fine but I'll keep the hammer and screwdriver in the car just in case

completely disagree with use of silicone, it becomes sticky and gummy. Graphite is what I have been using for years, not a lot just a little. It by itself will not gum up unless mixed with other lubricants. Locksmiths that I have talked with use Graphite.