Radio Issues

tz2000ls400

I have a 2000 ls400. Where is the factory amp located? I have the pioneer premium sound. Also what's the best way to install an aftermarket radio? I have the dash kit. I know an adapter wiring harness is not made.

Amp is under the front passenger seat. Several companies make adapter harnesses with the one from Beatsonic generally regarded as the best due to it working with the subwoofer.

Of course the cheapest way is to put your headphones in and abandon the factory stereo. Terrible but I do despite an incredible sound system. I will admit that I care more about the music than the sound. Beside, factory nav is wicked annoying and the headphones eliminate that.

If you are a audio type, find a local shop. For under a grand they'll hook you up. I guess because of headphones car stereo prices have plumentented. Bluetooth, wifi.. yeah they have it all but headphones are better for me because my music stays on in Home Depot, Target, Food Lion wherever.

Absolutely no one ever wants to deal with someones UNPROFESSIONAL hard wire job, unless the car is destined for a junk yard when your ready to get rid of it. Do it right! If you don't want to pay 300 for the correct jumper wire, then make your own.

Just don't cut out the original plugs, those clamp on wire T's just mess up the wire and some times develop a bad connection. But are better than cutting off the connector.