Any Interest In Nascar?

VBdenny

I know and I know.

Love watching people out my front window sliding by on the ice. Temperature here just below freezing and dropping. I see a front moving in from the west which should deliver more snow. Since I broke my leg skiing in NH last month, I am on crutches which handle terribly on ice. Not bad in snow but on ice they will get away from you quickly.

My next blurb will be about Boston. Since this is chat, I will.

I keep an eye on Boston weather since we have another home in Rockland which is south of Boston and currently buried under 10 feet of snow. My wife got out of Dodge after the first 6 feet fell when there was a short break before another 4 feet added on top. Flight was on time last week (another amazing thing). Yup, she headed down to good old Virginia Beach to escape all that and it followed her. Tomorrow will have a high of 16 degrees tomorrow and low of 8. What?

Boston News: How often do you ever laugh about a weather channel story about snow? Prior to this winter I thought never however as has so often happened, I was wrong.

First Tidbit:Jim Cantore and the Thundersnow. Since TWC is my favorite channel (yeah) I loved to see excitement and Jimbo did the thing going ballistic in the waist deep snow. That is true love for your job.

Second Tidbit: The mayor of Boston was on TV tonight urging people not to jump out of second story buildings into the snowbanks saying "you could kill yourself" (duh) and that it was stupid. Just the delivery of the message with that condescending tone had me in stitches which hurt (also broke a rib or two).

Third: The "T" (Boston Metro) rail lines will be closed for a month while people hand dig the tracks out with shovels. By hand? in 2015? Then they showed a bunch of workers in 10 feet of snow with hand shovels. I couldn't believe it. Again the rib pain was evident because watching them shovel for a month by hand cracked me up (pardon the pun).

Might have to switch to another channel until ribs heal a little more.

Denny

How about some contrast. Summer tires suffice.

It's 64 degrees F and mostly sunny here above Silicon Valley.

My biggest picture windows face into the backyard (sample pic attached of only dusting of snow in last decade). No snow shovel required.

post-130421-0-75797200-1424304704_thumb.

I set up a Lexus group on upickem.

Lexus Owners Group

It's fun, it's free, it's easy and you might find it interesting.

Contest URL: http://1069thefox.autoracing.upickem.net
Group Name: Lexus Owners Group

- See more at: http://1069thefox.autoracing.upickem.net/autoracing/fans/invitegroupmembers.asp?group=MyGroupNew&groupguid={FF814E86-5451-4AF4-9152-29429F3E1204}#sthash.J74LFyKF.dpuf

^ Wow, that's some impressive snow depth for nearly at sea level.

My family has a vacation home at lake level at Lake Tahoe that often sees snow like that, but that's 6200 feet above sea level. Big difference.