Repairing My '90 Ls400

Maxallen123

I got a 1990 LS400 handed down to me from my father. Unfortunately, it's had some outstanding issues that were too expensive for Lexus to repair, or just not dealt with. However, I'm interested in repairing some of this stuff, but I'm looking for some guides and/or parts for a decent price. A list of some of the things:

Cigarette Outlets or wires burned out

Clock/Climate control display burned out

Torn leather (looking for some decent seat covers

... and just general repair stuff. Know any good places for this? I looked at alldata.com, but I am unsure of how much they might have on it. Any advice would be very welcome.

www.alldatadiy.com will have 95% COMPLETE lexus repair manual just for 25$ a year and its been a great help for me.

cheap OEM parts from toyota you can get at www.newlexusparts.com

if you didnt find some info in alldata you can always ask here and people will provide this info to you.

welcome to the club and enjoy your stay. ;)

I've found a lot of information here, that has helped quite a bit in my "ordeal" with my Ls400. It seems no one really wants to carry parts or information.

I tried the address for newlexusparts.com, but it isn't working??

Anyway, thanks for the alldatadiy site, I've needed manuals for some time now.

:cheers:

B) Hi,

I found a junkyard in Birmingham that has some Lexus part.

The name of the junkyard is

"WOODSTOCK AUTO SALVAGE""

25498 Highway 5

Woodstock, Al. 35188

See Bryan 1-205-938-9988

Tell him that Antiwan OR Kevin told you about this place..!

Good Luck :D

you mentioned the Cigarette Outlets are not working. My 94 also had this problem. When I just bought it I really didn't care about the problem but about a month ago i decided to check it out. I looked in the owners manual and found the fuse for the cigarette outlets and pulled it out to see if it had blown out. The fuse appeared to be fine so i simply put the same fuse in the same hole where it came out from. Apparently, when i first got the car and tried to use the rear lighter, i pushed it in and it never popped out since it never got hot. when i started the car after looking at the fuse still wondering what the problem could be i heard a pop noise and looked behind me and saw that the lighter had popped out and was glowing red. both outlets/lighters now work great. hope this helps