02-03 Rear Bumper

02-03 owners help me please.

I just got my car back from my detailer and he said the rear bumper where it meets the wheel well was "floppy" We looked at it and it doesn't seem to have any anchor around the bottom. The bumper has a hole that lines up with the wheel well lining but no anchor or push pin is in the hole. I called the body shop that had removed the bumper to paint it to see it they had forgotten two connectors or anchors. I brought it by and he just put in a nylon bolt and nut on each side. That works, but I am curious to what is really there if anything is at all. Sat, I shall shoot by the dealership to see an 03 up close to check. But its 45 minutes away and one of you may save me a trip.

Sorry for the description, but no dig cam available tonight.

Thanks for the help.

Steviej.

wow... my grandpa's '03 that just came in is sort of loose in the rear fenderwell area where the rear bumper bolts to the rest of the body. it's just a small plastic clip that holds two holes together. it's nothing big. but still get the two clips put in. there are two clips though (one on each side, if i remember correctly) that should hold the bumper tighter to the inside fenderwell.

Thanks Zeta.

I actually went by my Lexus dealer after work today and found the same thing you did. I really appreciate the help, though.

I am also taken back that this is all that holds the wheel well lining to the bumper. Not much to mount spash guards here, so there goes that idea, too.

steviej