Air Bag Warning Light On

DwBwBw

In my 1992 ES300, I replaced the air bag warning light bulb without first disconnecting the battery terminal. The warning light stays on. After reading several postings on this matter, my conclusion is that I need to have the dealer to reset it. One question remains: would the air bag still work (while the light is on) in a collision? Thanks.

what does the little warning light that is shaped like an oil light, only in yellow with little water lines underneith it mean? is it low oil pressure? oil heat? It went on, and a few seconds later, went off the other day and I've been afraid to drive it ever since/... thanks for your help

low oil pressure or level. go out pull the dipstick out, wipe it off, put it back in and pull it out again, then read where the leve is.

my ES has two oil lights. The oil can with wavy lines is the oil pressure and the oil can with drips coming out of the spout is the low oil level light.

steviej

:cries: I just went out to check the oil level and it was normal, but when I popped off the lid I noticed nasty thick black !Removed!!!! this must be whats causing the low oil pressure warning light?!? I traded my 91' Toyota MR2 for this 93' lexus ES300 (with a famember) and thought I was getting a good deal cause its only got 94,000 miles. but that black !Removed! makes me think she didnt do any of its maintenence.. is there any way I can get the inside of the engine pressure cleaned, or something?. I really dont want to eat the cost of tearing the whole engine down, that would suck. :( :unsure:

:cries:  I just went out to check the oil level and it was normal, but when I popped off the lid I noticed nasty thick black !Removed!!!! this must be whats causing the low oil pressure warning light?!? I

looks like you've been sludged.

steviej