Some Questions From New Owner.

Vyacha

Hello Everyone! Just picked a new black/beige GX470 w/navigation/ML/3rdseat. Like it a lot, but miss X5 flat handling (no body roll), heavy feel of steering and xenon lights.

I have a couple questions and will appreciate answers.

1. Cannot find any hooks in a car. I have a picture of it in a book, but seems they are missing in a car.

2. Is anyone tried to put white bulb in headlights? I cannot put an aftermarket xenons (I know there is a kit) because I'm leasing a car.

3. I have read about editions like (something like 9700E), but cannot find it on a label. I only know that a car was assembled in 02/2004.

4. What is a big deal about bringing suspension up/down, when it is working only for rear and it will auto to normal at highway speed.

hi,

the hooks are available, they will replace one of the oh,s... handles

other than that, i've read your questions and can't understand your grammer

give it another try with your eyes open and i'll try as hard as i can to answer

Well, first of all, there are a couple things you probably don't want to hear. First, you should have waited for a KDSS optioned GX. It makes a large difference in the handling of the truck. Second, there are no coat hanger hooks with the third row seat option. That space is taken up by either the rear air conditioning vents or the third row shoulder belts, not sure which.

I have a 9700E build. If you look at your Lexus window sticker (the one that lists standard equipment and options on the truck), on the upper right corner you will see:

DESCRIPTION: GX470 5-DR SUV

YEAR/MODEL: 2004 / 9700 E

Thank you GS400jon. I didn't get KDSS option because I wanted to save some $ and was even ready to get a truck w/o 3rd seat and navigation. But the deal I was offered was the GX with 3rd row, Nav/ML, no KDSS. So, it is like in the rule "You get what you paid for".

To answer to previous person I have to agree that I have to pay more attention to grammar (English is not my native language), but I was in a hurry, so I frased some questions not in very good manner. But I think that anyway it was readable and understandable. He just didn't have an answers.

I have to agree with GS400JON. The KDSS option really does change the handling of the truck. It is very similar to the X5. I think the shocks respond a little better on the X5, but there is NO body roll in turns. I have not used it off-road as yet to experience the increased wheel travel at low speeds, but the high speed movement is great.

"4. What is a big deal about bringing suspension up/down, when it is working only for rear and it will auto to normal at highway speed. "

I was wondering that myself! The ride reverts to normal height with speed. Does anyone know what purpose this function is intended to serve?

4. Well, there's loading and unloading....for whatever that's worth. And, there's an outside chance that increasing the rear height will provide additional rear ground clearance during slow speed off road driving. That's about it :unsure:

The height adjust can also be helpful off road. It will raise or lower the vehicle's center of gravity. Even small changes in height can play a big roll in vehicle stability if you find yourself in a tough, off-road situation.

If you look at the GX glossy literature, you will see that the angle of ascent will increase if you lower the body. This is caused by the center of gravity being lowered and the truck can therefore be more stable at a steeper angle of incline.

Hope this helps.

Bob

• 1 month later...

I checked out the reply from "denslexusgx470". It seems that the picture at that site was used "OUT of CONTEXT" by a different user. The picture owner posted a message later saying that his front wheel was on a snow bank and not all wheels were level.

I have KDSS, and I don't have a leaning problem. There is an occasional noise from the system, which could be a cylinder resetting a level. But, that effect is minimal to the benefit of the system. Given all that I have seen of people posting comments, I would say that people have varying degrees of priority in what is acceptable and what isn't. After all, this is just a TRUCK isn't it. A very nice truck, but a truck nonetheless!

2004 GX470 "C" and working properly ....

BTW, I have now used this in an serious off-road envirement. I have used RR's and X5's, but this thing had the best ride. That may change as it ages, but it was amazing!!!