Navigation System

Eastwood901

I have a 2003 LX470 I've owned for 8 years with relatively few issues. In the past year occasionally my navigation system will get confused. The directional arrow moving in the center of the screen will start going in circles, occasionally get stuck in one location and sometimes following the road but spinning around. Anyone experience this and find a solution? Thanks

I've never heard of the "spinning around" issue.

Theoretically: cars use the civil GPS system which allows for, from memory, like 300ft (if not 3,000ft) tolerance. So, the system is not precise and errors are frequent. However, for your issue to be a GPS system error, it must be a frequent problem for other cars at least in your location. Given no one confirmed having the same problem, this probably belongs to your car.

Try checking the fuses (ref. your owner's manual). If the fuses are OK, check if any error codes (via computer diagnostics) and report back.

Thank you for your response. I will see if any of the possible issues you mention are the culprit behind the navigation problem. As mentioned, it is an off and on problem in that it is not consistent but certainly annoying when I am driving in an unfamiliar area.