1995 Sc400 Fog Light Problems

kewpkewp

Hello everyone. I am new to car maintenance and when I bought this car, I noticed that both the fog lights were out. I'm guessing the problem would be either the fuse or the bulbs. If it was the bulbs, how much work is expected to be put in to change both of them? What bulbs would you guys recommend? What type of fuse does the 1995 SC400 use? Blade fuse or mini fuse? or are these two the same?

http://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-VP-ATC-15-Acting-Blade/dp/B000AZ51LI/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1347312365&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=15+amp+fuse

or

http://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-VP-ATM-15-Acting-Mini-Fuse/dp/B00139MG5E/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1347312353&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=15amp+fuse

also, is the daytime running light fuse also the same sized fuse(not amperage wise but physical fuse size) as those lights also do not work and I suspect blown fuses.

Thank you for the help.

• 1 month later...

The bulbs are pretty straight forward to change. Jack up the front of the car, both sides, and run your hand under the car, after you remove the plastic liner just under the foglight housings. Pretty easy. I wouldnt put anything in there except 27 watts or less. Do not put in 1156 or 55 watt bulbs, the wiring or housing cant handle it and will cause it melt or burn up. I would use some leds from WWW.superbrightleds.com

• 1 month later...

The fog lights are a pain to reach as you have to remove the splash guards underneath the engine to reach them. Once you remove the guards you can reach in to either change the bulbs or remove the whole unit. I found that if you remove the unit, three bolts, its much easier to change the bulbs and clean the unit itself. Not sure about the fuse, probably in the manual, but look to see if the fuse is broken first, then if its not, look to see if the bulb is busted. After all that is done just buy any regular bulb thats specific to the fog lights and you are good.