One Week... Some Impressions.

Geo

Well I have owned my "new" 01 ES for a week now. This car is sweet !! Loving it. Some impressions.

It defenitly is not a sports car. Its a heavy beast with a ride as smooth as silk. Some claim its a chick car, I'm leaning to more of a older persons car. I get more of a zippy ride out of my 99 Corolla, but man the luxury of the ES. Black on tan was a great choice, everything just shines. Park it next to a MB or BMW and it can stand its own in elegance. The leather is soft as a womans... nice ! Got the Lexus chrome rims, looking good. Moon roof... excellent ! Can't wait for warm summer days/evenings.

I'm a little disapointed with the stock sound system, not as good as you would expect out of luxury car. The controls are unnecessarily "big". Good but not great. For the intrument panel... the gauges are... un-inspired, plainish.

Getting lots of attention. Some of it good but some of it is bad. Finally getting to see some girls faces but I also get plenty of the "die yuppie scum" looks. I'm the farthest thing from a snob.

One week and glad I got the ES.

George

Your impressions sound like mine when I first got my '01 ES last April ;)

I tend to liken the ES to a luxo-cruiser car, not in the least bit to a sports car. It's very comfortable, sometimes too much for me to handle LOL :D The leather trim and quality is excellent and top-notch. I usually clean and condition the leather once every 2 weeks to maintain its life.

Here's where my opinions differ to yours: The 190-watt, 8-speaker stock sound system fits my audio needs as I don't need a tremendous amount of bass, nor do I need a concert playing inside the car. The instrument gauge cluster is very bright and attractive, so much better than the 1st-gen ES. I wouldn't trade it for anything else :lol:

As far as looks go, the ES snugs itself right in with other luxury cars and makes. Here's an old pic of my ES parked with my friend's old S-class:

Agreed gents!! B) I just tinted my 01 & it's lookin sweet! I hope to post some pics of here real soon! The ES is fantastic & I agree with lexusk8, the stock sound system is all I need as well.....love the 6 disc changer too!! The adjustable suspension makes a bit of a difference depending on what roads your on & the HID's look sharp at night! :D

:cheers:

• 2 months later...

I would LOVE to post some pic's of my ES tint & all......I have no clue how to use the scanner to copy regular pics.......I don't have a digital camera.......I should get my butt in gear & learn I guess, I assume it's easy to post them on here? lol :unsure:

until you get a digi cam and before they stop making film, have you pictures developed to print and to CD or online (most developers like CVS and Walgreens provide that). Then you can download the digital files to your hard drive and away you go.

steviej