Service People Will Sometimes Will Say Anything!

LEXIRX330

So wife's GX460 was in for service and I requested that all 4 tire get re-balanced. I just had 4 new tires put on 5,000 miles ago and felt a vibration and in fairness had the tires installed somewhere else so when I called to schedule service I told the lady I would pay to have the tires balanced. First she said they would charge me $104 for a diagnostic fee (car still under factory warranty) and I wasn't asking her to diagnose anything I just wanted my service and to have the tires balanced. Spoke to someone agreed I was right! But then she said my service included balancing the tires- never has before but whatever. So get the call hi David GX looks good but we wanted to let you know your tires are about half way through their life! I said what and the guy said well I don't have the tread measurement but ugh so I interrupted him and said man the tires are brand new with maybe 5000 miles on them and he was speechless. I confirmed the tires had been balanced nope that's not part of the service so I recount the previous conversation. We will get it right back in but there is a charge for balancing them. WTF- I know just do it please!

I have been dealing with this same dealer for a long time and I have to say this is the first time they have ever frustrated me like this and then to top it off they sent a invoice with credit card on file declined on it! Man this had me just a little !Removed! it wasn't declined the card that was on file had expired a simple call David we need to get your new expeiration date on your card would have been a little nicer.

Either way I am going to chalk this up to a bad day but this is certainly not the service I am used to and if it happens again my attitude will be much different with them.

By the way loaner was a new rx350 and not knocking it but just not my taste and I feel Lexus is going backwards with the quality. Think this is about the 3rd new car that I have been unimpressed by the feel and quality of. AND I hate that damn mouse/joystick controller. If that makes it's way into the new GX which it may have that will be a deal breaker for me. I just do not like it at all, I don't like green eggs and ham Sam I am! lol

LOL...nice rant David!

I have only been in for service at Lexus once so I can't say much. I did once have a Chevrolet dealership put a paper towel in my WW reservior hoping when it disolved and clogged the filter this "dumb woman" would come in and they could charge me a fortune to fix it. I simply removed the reservoir, cleaned it and the filter, replaced it all and called the service manager and told him to find another woman to try that trick on, it didn't work for me.

The world is full of crooked idiots. We just have to learn how to deal with it all.

You would think those items would be spelled out in the service write up sheet so that no mistakes would be made while servicing. Maybe they need a bar code system for items for service. Which dealer was it?

Time for a new service advisor, IMHO. Once you find a good one, stick with that one exclusively.

At my Lexus dealership, I consistently use only one service advisor, the rest are questionable.

It was Sheehy Lexus of Annapolis. I am not trying to talk bad about them...like I said I have had nothing but great service there. I guess sticking with one SA would be a good idea.

Well in that case never repeat your paperwork with the servicewriter that treated you that way. I always use my feet when not treated fairly. I run and if asked why explain quietly that they have no clue of customer service.

• 1 month later...

My all-time dumb response was at a Ford dealership. Many years ago I had a Ford Granada company car that was a horrible POS. Upon shut off it would do a lean burn St. Vitus dance run-on with loud knocking and hissing for 10 seconds or so. I complained to the dealer and was told "That's the sound of economy".

• 1 month later...

My Mazda dealership SA usually (sheepishly) asks me if I want tire/wheel balancing at nearly every oil change, he knows what my answer will be after I tell him it's running extremely smooth at speed.

I feel your pain. My local Lexus dealer's service department is declining in quality lately. Not mentioning names or dealers, but I am not satisfied with their service and to think we have been loyal to them since the year 2000, now having 3 Lexus vehicles in our garage.

The latest issue was with my brakes. Not going to mention much here just in case there are spies lurking the forum, but the issue was brought up to Lexus USA, and the issue was not resolved. Instead, a previous Lexus manager who works for a different car company now, took my vehicle in at no charge, fixed a couple things that weren't done correctly by my Lexus dealership, and the problem went away! All at no charge! All he requests is that I bring my services in to his dealer but they will still pick up a genuine Lexus oil, filter, etc.... Also his labor rates are lower than the regular rates that they're charging their customer who walk in!

Sadly, it's the people who run the show that make the difference in the satisfaction of the customer.

I know of many independent that started from previous employees of Dealerships that felt they could do it better and give customer satisfaction. Stealershlps many times look too much at the clock and not focus on quality.