3 1/2 Hours And A Can Of Plasti-Dip

13IS250C

I am totatlly pleased with the results of this mod. It is just as easy as everybody says it is. It does take a little patience though. Lots of light coats and waiting for them to dry.

I never could stand my chrome emblem on the rear of my car because all the other trim is dark.

Before:

post-148822-0-66289600-1383576743_thumb.

During:

post-148822-0-56581300-1383576776_thumb.

After:

post-148822-0-68823500-1383576801_thumb.

Now my trim matches all around! Very pleased. :cheers:

• Like 1

A load of people on the range rover forum I am on use this stuff on everything. I have seen wheels, emblems, window trim. It is cool stuff. And it supposedly holds up great too.

Looks good...

It was more like, spray a coat....plant some plants, spray a coat....clean up around the back entryway, spray a coat yada, yada, yada...

You get the picture. ;)

I can't sit still very long.

Once I finished, it was top down and go enjoy the last bit of warm weather that we will have for a while. :cries:

You mentioned a good point, "I never could stand my chrome emblem on the rear of my car because all the other trim is dark.".

I prefer my car trim to be consistent too.

For example on my IS sedan, the bright/polished trim from the factory is nicely done on window frames, grill, emblems front and back and headlights. When I chose my aftermarket 19" wheels I took that into account when selecting something with polished lips to match the standard trim.

You did a great job too. Beautiful car.

I'm also very careful selecting the perfect license plate to match my trim. Whenever I buy a new car I go buy a new umbrella that matches the interior so it doesn't show up sitting in the door pocket.

I'm totally anal when it comes to my vehicle!

• 1 year later...

and I thought it was just me. People such as neighbors, friends and relatives all think I am ridiculous with my vehicles. The trim came out good with the plastic dip. of course that can also be easily removed as well. My next door neighbors kid painted his entire Maxima with plasti-dip. I guess it looks good all blacked out in matte. I'm more of a gleaming shiny finish myself.

Steve, your 350 really does look rather mean. Wish y'all were around here and we could go out and take a few "test" drives on some of the back roads. I promise it is more fun than Busch Gardens.

Yes, best to wait for spring for "test" runs. I already have a couple boys with 2015 IS350 F-sports that are open to some "suspension testing" on the back roads. I prefer Carolina as radar detectors are legal and sometimes you can be surprised without them. With Becki in the greenest state in the land of the free, maybe a Tail of the Dragon?

Whooooooooo!

My car club used to do poker runs in the fall. Beautiful foliage and leaves swirling around on the street. Ahhhhhhhh. Once the local older Chevys club invited us, the Corvette club and the Mustang club to join them for their poker run. People lined the streets to watch us all go by. It was so fun.

I've never been in an organized type of run. I have run with some of my boys on back roads over the years. Of course back then we knew all the cops and they just yelled at us. Now you have to be really careful as everything is a federal offense.

They have a Spring Show at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex every year where you can bring any car. Haven't seen anything for it this year but it isn't spring yet here for sure. I'll take my IS down and hang around. I'll even be able to take it to stores for a little while if the weather clears. My ortho guy gave me a temporary HP pass until I'm off crutches. While there are obviously many disadvantages to being handicapped, parking is not one of them. Ever see a handicapped car with door dings?