Cars You Have Owned

13IS250C

David is always trying to get things started. I thought this might be fun. I made a list of all the cars I have owned. Thought it might be interesting to see your journey from your "beginner" car to your Lexus. Here we go.....

’73 Grand Prix (455)

’76 Camaro

’78 Challenger

’77 Datsun 280Z

’80 Mazda 626

‘83 Chevy S10 Blazer

’86 Camaro

’88 Grand Am

’90 Chevy Cavalier Z24 (was stolen)

’91 Chevy Cavalier Z24

’93 Camaro

’95 Camaro Z28 (kept for 17 years)

’01 WS6 Trans Am

’03 Ford Explorer SporTrac (did not like. got rid of it quick)

’03 Honda S2000

’08 Infiniti G37 Coupe

’10 Nissan 370Z

’13 Lexus IS250C

First Car: 1990 Ford Probe

1990 Ford Mustang GT

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande edition

1994 Toyota Celica GT

1989 Ford Ranger XLT

1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport

2004 Toyota Camry XLE

2006 Mercedes C230

2004 Lexus RX330

2010 GX460 - Still have it - Wifey's Daily driver...and kid hauler

2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged - had for 6,200 miles (headliner problems)

2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Silver PKG - My Daily driver...

Now dirt bikes / motorcycles

First one A OLD Ez-rider!

1990 Honda Cr60r

1994 Honda 250 on/off road

1996 RF600R

1997 Kawasaki Ninja 600 (loads of work on this thing)

2004 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle Deuce! (My third child)

That's it for right now...although I was starting to get the itch and thinking about getting the wifey something else...but I can't justify it right now the GX only has 44,000 miles on it and I love it...

Nice! You must be a lot younger than me. My list started in the '70's :wacko:

My favorite by far was my '95 Z28. I really don't know where to head next. I guess I have to wait and see where Lexus goes with a coupe. I really think for my next car I might want American muscle again. I sure am enjoying getting 24.5 mpg city though. :wub: Right now I am just loving what I have.

A list will be a bit of work for me to gather, since I too started driving in the 70's. I've owned too many cars to easily list all makes/models/model years, including Capri II (V6), Couger (351), Mustangs (GT), Accords, Civic, Integra, Porsches, Mercedes(s), Jag, Lexus, Toyotas, GM truck, Jeeps, and Mazdas. My favorite weekend cars tend to be made by Porsche, currently using Lexus IS350 mostly as a weekend car.

Awe....come on Lex. If I can do it, you can do it.

When my first hubby and I got married, we had a '68 440 6bbl Charger. The guy that had it before us was rich and he had bought it and bought a crate motor (engine) and had it built by Racing Head Service here in Memphis. You have to remember that this was the early '70s. That car burned so much gas that it had a mechanical fuel pump and an electric fuel pump. If you were going to floor it, you had to reach down and switch on the electric fuel pump or the car would just die. It had such a stout cam that it would hardly even idle. It sounded great and was just a ball of torque. A set of plugs would only last a couple of weeks. It would completely burn the electrode off. Wires burned all the time and we replaced alternators all the time. Of course, it had no a/c. Gosh....who needs that in the south?

High performance has come a LOOOOOONG way! :D

1962 Austin Healey Sprite

1968 Triumph TR-250

1972 Opel Rallye

1968 Volvo

1969 Jaguar XKE 4.2 liter

1974 Plymouth Duster

1980 Honda Prelude

1982 Honda Civic 4 door

1983 Honda Accord 4 door

1986 Dodge Caravan

1990 Honda Accord 4 door

1987 Mercedes 190

1999 Lexus RX300 (drove till 2010)

2005 Ford F150 Supercrew 4 door

2008 Lexus RX400h

1998 Ford Windstar

and at least 10 plus company cars from Dodges to Fords.....

Learned the hard way on British Cars....(wrenching constantly and racing the Triumph TR-250, known as a TR-5 in Europe)

Between Lucas ignitions, Smiths instruments and Laycock de normanville transmission you were always busy. But what a manly car.....15 inch wheels with IRS rear suspension and air horns and driving lights and you were good to go through the Spanish countryside. Oh those were the days...Don't miss the brakes which constantly leaked and was a challenge to stop sometimes. Overheating was another challenge. And Goodness I don't mess ignition points. The Jaguar was like putting your money on the edge of the Grand Canyon and kicking it in. But boy what a sweet handling machine. Fastest I have ever gone was 149 mph and that car was perfectly stable....

As many fast cars as I have been in, I really don't know the fastest speed I have been. One of the fastest cars, believe it or not, was a heavily modded Honda Civic. It was one of my son's friends. The speedometer went all the way around and was back on about 20 MPH so I have no idea how fast we were going.

In high school, one of my friend's boyfriend had a Dodge Super Bee. I don't remember which engine it was. I was in the back seat holding on to the back of his seat yelling "faster faster faster". Everytime he would shift a gear it would throw me back against the back seat. We were on a country road that was so narrow you would have to scoot over to the shoulder if there was an oncoming car and of course, nobody was wearing a seat belt.

It is really only by the grace of God that I'm still alive. I have always loved to hop into a fast car and have owned quite a few.

• 5 months later...

BMW are way over the top. May have handling engineering, but zero reliability. I am with you, Japanese all the way. I have owned American, but when I want to spend time driving, and not repairing the Asians have it over us.

My last American car (truck) was a 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 4.6L. It was mediocre in terms of quality. At 50K miles overdrive switch, rear hatch lock, battery, sunvisor/lighted mirrors and radiator had to be replaced and another $1000 in repairs were coming up soon (including spark plugs which have a tendency to freeze in block making, climate control fix). I miss the horsepower, nothing else.

In March 2012 replaced it with a 2013 Mazda CX-5 (built at Mazda main factory in Hiroshima, Japan), quality difference is like night and day. At 27K miles only a couple of rattles were fixed under warranty (and documented by TSB's).