Ls 430 60,000 Mile Service...what's Involved?

Bcraigbct

A couple of weeks ago I bought my first Lexus. 2005 LS430 Ultra.

I took it to the Lexus dealer for some minor work and they told me it needed the 60,000 mile service. I bought the car from the same dealer and the salesman who sold it to me told me the 60,000 mile service had been performed (The car had and has 71K on it when I purchased it...still does.)

There are no records on this car so how can they tell whether the service has been performed or not? Maybe there's something in the car's onboard computer system that tells...

Anybody know for sure?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

Whenever any service work is done to a/your Lexus, a record is always entered into the Lexus data base. If you purchased the car as a Certified Pre Owned car, all service would have been taken care of.

Your best solution is to put the salesman and service advisor together until you get a straight answer. Or go to Lexus.com for customer support.

This is an exspensive service routine so make them work for their money.

Paul

If you don't have a hard copy, here is a link to an online service schedule: http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/omms/05LEXALLMS_MS0005/pdf/om1sourc/2005om/05lexsch/51f2smt.pdf

If your 05 LS has an in-service date in 2004, it could be nearing the much more expensive "90,000 miles or 108 months" service.

60k is mostly a fluid flush for the LS; so check brake, steering fluids, transmission etc. They should be reasonably clean. Brakes as needed; cabin filter, etc.

If a dealer did it it should be in the system; but I don't know if independent shops have access to it or not.