Is300 Transmission

TyVal

I am new here.. and the proud new owner of a 2003 IS300, as you must have gathered. Now I am very familiar with swaps and engines, I just would like to know if I swapped the 2JZ-GE for a 2JZ-GTE, would the stock transmission bolt up or what? I work at a Toyota Plant here in Canada, so I have some leads on engines, so cost isn't an issue. Also, if it makes a difference, I am talking about the VVTI engine, in case that would make a difference.

I tried searching in case you might wonder, but to no avail.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Ty Val

Hi Ty Val - welcome to the club!

your are indeed in luck - one of our members is in the middle of this exact engine swap - he is dropping a twin turbo supra engine into his manual IS200.

You might find this thread interesting

Mat (Supracharged IS340) is a true regular on the site - I'm sure he will be along today to share his experiences!

i would think a new transmission would be better, since the IS only has a 5-speed. i would personally think a 6-spd would be preferred for the 2JZ-GTE.

but i could be wrong. it may work. :)

oi oi....and here i am

the biggest problem, and theres many, is the electronics, you would be better t use the 6 speed getrag however finding one will be a bit like trying to find rocking horse sheit........i managed :D

(where abouts in Canada, my parents live in Kamloops BC)

Well.. like I said.. it really doesn't matter what is done to attain the final product, swapping a 6 spd in or whatever is needed. I just wondered. But how is the swap to the GTE?.. Hard as all hell, or relativly easy? What else is needed to swap them besides the motors?

Thanks alot.

Ty Val

B.T.W. - I like in Cambridge Ontario, not really close to B.C.