I need some help please!

I have a 1992 Lexus SC 400 V8 that has been a great car, runs very smooth, with great power. Recently it died like it wasn't getting fuel. I had it towed to a shop that then put a new fuel pump in it. This did not fix it.

They had it towed to another shop, and that shop put a new Fuel Pump Control module (they said it is a small electronic part about the size of a pack of cigerettes) on the car and told me it was fixed.

I picked it up and it has a strong vibration coming from the engine, no strong engine power at all (it used to have lots of power), and when you give it gas the RPM gage goes the opposite direction (it pulls down to zero instead of climbing up). When you let off the gas and the RPM guage pops back up to its normal edle speed.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like the Fuel pump sending unit is still bad. Have you tried to bypass this? I would remove the back seat, bottom first, then the top portion. You dont have to remove the seat belts, just slide them out of the way. Take a 12 volt supplied wire and place on the fuel pump to the blue wire. The blue wire is 12 volts. See if you hear the fuel pump, if you do, then do the mod on the fuel pump ecu. The black box on the driver side rear compartment area. Here is the link.]

If you cant get it, PM me and I will provide my personal cell. Be glad to help out another Roll Tide fan. LOL

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/291189-sc300-12v-fuel-mod-w-pictures-faq.html