Got A New Ucf10 1994 Ls400

yotoy82

So I have been looking for another LS400. We have 4 right now. 2 are 1996. 1 is a 1995. And 1 is a 1997. Really wanted to avoid going to a first generation goal was actually a 98-00 model!

But came across a great deal on Craigslist of a very well maintained mint 94. Jumped on it. Seems much heavier and well built

LCD works. All stuff works. Hood shocks need changed. Driver seat leather tore on side cushion bad bit otherwise perfect. Any tips for seat????

Also the odometer is unreadable. Stuck on tripopmeter. I can't cycle back to see the real milage or reset the trip computer. It's digital ! Any tips?????

Also what do you do on a 94? I know what to do to a 95-97 to check. 94 in good condition why mess with it. Looks to have been sitting 2 years will slowly change fluids. 130k miles on it. Looks to be original timing belt and water pump. Dunno if wanna spend half of what I paid for the car on that service.

Parts look cheaper over on a 94 and the resources on forums n online much greater

post-124518-0-77863100-1350800514_thumb.

post-124518-0-93538000-1350800535_thumb.

post-124518-0-88579300-1350800578_thumb.

post-124518-0-05770000-1350800593_thumb.

The 1994 LS is a heavy car compared to the later LS400. The official curb weight of the base 94 LS is only 31 pounds less than the offical curb weight of my 2000 LS and having 40 less horsepower and a less free-reving engine makes the gen 1 feel heavier.

You might see if there are people in your area that repairs automotive leather. Where I live, there are roving leather repair guys who do contract work for dealerships and repair shops - similar to the independent touch-up paint guys who touch up used cars before they are sold.

I suppose you could remove the cluster and play with the connections. I assume you can get a working used cluster on eBay.

At least with your 94 you don't have to worry about engine damage if the timing belt fails. The timing belt on my 90 LS was trashed by a seized water pump at only 75K - mainly inconvenient.

Yea. Is that confirmed about the timing belt? Would hate to get a new engine. I know mostly water pump would go bad first. Would be cheaper to flush coolant and try to keep the pump fresh long as possible! Just worried if a family member drives it and them not seeing it overheat but it would snap a timing belt first and turn the car off anyway?

Only reason I like to do the timing service cuz if its apart makes it easier to change thermostat, drive belt, rotors and caps, seals, tensioners, water pump, spark plugs and wires, coolant and basically a full tune up and then car is mechanicslly sound for under a 1000 for all that Sewell parts and good Toyota dealer, for another ten years. Then can focus on suspension issues slowly if they popup. And just drain 2 quart tranny fluid and refill every oil change. Good to go!