Hot Air From The A/c Unit

Lexy

HI All,

Looks like a great forum and I'm hoping to find a solution.

My 95 ES300 blows hot air when in A/C mode. It doesn't happen all the time either - very stange. I took to the local repair shop and they recharged and checked for leaks and found nothing Acutally the first time they thought I was crazy because it was working - blowing nice cool air. The second time, I drive right there when it was blowing the hot air. After the recharge, etc., it continued to act the same way so I took it to a Lexus dealer. They couldn't find anything wrong either.

Has anyone had smiliars problems or offer suggestions?

Cheers!

well it sounds like it works fine

but

when it stops cold air ,is the ac clutch still engaging

as in do you still hear the clicking every few seconds of it engaging

you may have to run the car and listen for it hood open to see what it sounds like working

second idea

if the cluch is still engagin when there is still hot air then it is going to be a venting issue of the flaps not switching to cold air inside the dash could either be a vaum or electric motor problem then

tell us what you find

must be nice to need air conditioning this time of year

:(

Toyota/Lexus had problems with AC expansion valves in the mid to late 90's.

Have them check those. This problem was seen in other models too.

The AC would be cold one day, hot/warm the next, then cold....not consistent.

I had a previous experience in my old car: when it started blowing warm and recharges didn't do the trick, turned out the condensor (looks like a radiator) needed replacement. That was costly.

good luck.

steviej

• 3 weeks later...

On a couple of very humid days last summer, the A/C on my '96 randomly started blowing warm, humid air, and the green light on the A/C button started blinking. I turned the system off for a couple of minutes, and when I turned the climate control back on, the problem went away. This only happened 2 or 3 times all summer, however. Not sure if this was the expansion valve acting up, or what else. Hopefully it'll hold out.--Pricey 90K mile service around the corner, and I may need new wheels and/or tires (have been losing 10PSI a month on a couple of my tires).