Six Ways To Ruin Your Ride With Terrible Add-Ons

billydpowell

I did not write this, just trying to pass on some helps.. read the article...

Six ways to ruin your ride with terrible add-ons

1) Excessively wide wheels/tires.

2) Poorly designed aftermarket intakes.

3) Knock-off safety components. This week's federal warning about counterfeit air bags in thousands of cars highlights how the advent of eBay and flourishing, cheap overseas manufacturing have contributed to cheap replica parts.

4) Bigger brakes don't improve braking. Even stainless steel brake lines can be a problematic upgrade.

5) Pointlessly huge exhaust.

6) Rock-hard suspension.

Here is the article: http://autos.yahoo.c...HQDc3RvcnlwYWdl

Agree with most. I've seen some "slammed" LS cars that make me wonder how they ride with little suspension give. Wide wheels, beyond the design parameters can't be good for suspension components, let alone the quality of the ride. I hadn't thought about poorly designed air intakes, but that's certainly true.

I greatly dislike having small, 4 cylinder vehicles roll by with the large coffee canister exhausts. For lack of a better term, they sound flatulent. Certainly a reason to roll my windows up!

Nice find.

Micah

• 2 weeks later...

Right in spirit, but #4 isn't the whole answer. On the street its true, but the brake rotors act as a thermal sink, and if you work them hard enough, they run out of thermal mass and you need bigger ones..... I race my current LS400, and have upgraded the brakes several times to meet my braking needs.

post-98509-0-46330800-1351338714_thumb.j