Time To Give Her The (Car)Ride Of Her Life

New to the game

Okay, so if you read my other tread, you know that I just bought my wife her first Lexus. But before I hand her the keys, there are a few things I think warrant action before completing the gift.

First, the DVD nav is way out of date. Does anyone have a modern maps disc they have used and are willing to sell me? I've looked on eBay, but can't pinpoint one that is this year's update. If not, and no, then what exactly should I be google-ing? I've been putting in 2006 LS430 Gen. 4 Nav update v.11. Am I wrong?

Secondly, Weather Tech Custom All Weather vs. LLoyd Custom fit All Weather... I like the history behind weather tech, but lloyd seems to cover more surface area on the floor of the vehicle and thus means less exposed carpets... Anyone's thoughts?

Lastly, the tinting. I know there is much debate on this one, but down and dirty. Top three brands people think are the best. If 2 or 3 of you can agree on a top brand, that's what I will go with. Money's not the any issue on the tint... I'll cut back elsewhere and not end up with purple bubble wrap stuck to my windows.

Also, if there are any other ways to sophisticate the girl, please let me know... I want to get the most out of this new Lexus experience. Better speakers to make a more full, clear sound. The upgraded system is okay, but still doesn't have that crisp, Bose level quality that just makes the noise where you can cut it with a knife. Any ideas on what kind of speaker package does real well with this car?

Thanks, you guys rock! Miles

Oh, and for Guru, here some pics of the new gal.

post-143547-0-70645900-1346302695_thumb.

post-143547-0-66850200-1346302713_thumb.

post-143547-0-00670100-1346302719_thumb.

Congrats a wise purchase. You'll love it for many years.You can order the map DVD from Sewell Lexus in TX on line. Mention the lexus owner club for additional discount. They'll mail it to you and its an easy install. I would wait to October though. That is around the time they reissue the map DVD's each year. Ask the guys at Sewell when they come in. Bear in mind this only updates the map database. It doesn't add functionality to the NAV look and feel. That stays the same.

I don't think you are going to improve over the ML sounds system in the car without a major cost and effort. I haven't heard anyone complaining the ML package is poor. Some complain about the base line audio but not the ML so much. In any event you'd have to spend a fortune and get little (if any) improvement. Probably better places to spend money, maybe an iPod/iPhone interface for audio? Upgraded rims....Have fun with her. The car that is.

Hey, thanks! This has to be the best blog style site I have ever been on. So many times you are asking legitimate questions and you get a very juvenile and often very inappropriate responses. So far, nothing but great stuff. Glad to be with talking with solid people. As the critics say, "two thumbs up!"