No beeping after locking

Tun87

Hello

I have an issue with my 2013 Lexus RX350. I recently started to notice that my car doesn't make any beeping noise after locking or unlocking my car. I check the settings in my car, but everything is turned on. I can't seem to find out why this is happening. Searched the internet for clues or suggestions, but can't seem to find any answers.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

I suppose the beeper module itself could have failed but I've never known of one failing.  When I searched a parts number cross reference, it looks like the same beeper module is used on just about every vehicle that Toyota makes including our Sienna and Prius.  The part number appears to be 89747-30040 and the part is called the "BUZZER, WIRELESS DOOR LOCK" in the parts list.

The parts diagram for your car doesn't show exactly where it's located - somewhere in the left front fender area?

Do you own or have access to just about any other vehicle made by Toyota?  If you do, you could switch in the beeper module from another vehicle to see if yours has failed.

I just now went out to the garage, raised the hoods on our Sienna and Prius, and then pressed the unlock buttons on their keyless fobs.  The beeps "seem" to be coming from inside the engine compartment fuse boxes on the driver side but I'm not certain and it's too cold in the garage for me to want to investigate further.  If the beeper is not inside the fuse box, it is very nearby.