Intuitive Parking Assist ~ Can They Be Installed?

Hello . . .

I'm a new Lexus RX350 owner as of 3/30/12 and look forward to picking up pointers from this forum like I do at other car owner forums. A truly great place to find specifics without sales motives.

Here's my comment and question: I was astounded when I went to the service department to inquire about how to "turn on" my intuative parking assist . . . when they said "your car doesn't have it.!" I bought the top of the line RX350 and "assumed" it had everything. Obviously it did not, as there are no telltale sensor buttons on the front or rear bumpers. Oh woe is me . . . my Ford Flex has spoiled me with them.

An inquiry to Lexus of Orlando produced "we do not install them, but know of a company in Tampa that does." A phone call to that company produced the fact that they are truly aftermarket sensors (black sensors are the only choice....on a white car?!), and do not integrate with the Lexus electronics, nor do they include the front sensors.

Bottom Line: has anybody had any luck in finding a dealer that can install Lexus quality sensors, and price if available?

Thanks,

Ted Williams....beepless in Orlando

Yours is the second thread I've read in the past couple of months from someone who thought the Lexus he bought had park assist with invisible sensors. The "top" option package ("Navigation System with Backup Camera Package with Additional Options") comes with Intuitive Parking Assist. The "bottom" option package ("Premium Package with Additional Options") does not.

Here is a thread where a couple of people installed a park assist system on their RX's: http://us.lexusowner...showtopic=72550

I seriously doubt that you are going to find any aftermarket park assist kt that is going to " integrate with the Lexus electronics". Even the dealer installed Lexus branded kits sold by Lexus dealers in Europe (install instructions in the above link) don't really integrate.

I know I've seen park assist kits with color options for the sensors -- got Google? Or buy a can of white spray paint as the guys in the above referenced thread did.

• 4 months later...