04-09 Rx Remote Key Cover W/ Chrome Logo (Oem)

Hey guys,

Anyone who owns an 04-09 Rx330/350 or 06-08 Rx400h might be interested in this find. I found someone on eBay selling a pair of OEM Lexus key remote covers with the 3-D chrome "L" logo (often found on some of there newer Lexus smart keys) embossed into the cover. This is a direct replacement to the dingy 2-D gold "L" logo that our keys came with. I bought a set to see what the deal was.

Here's the link to them on eBay (the seller posted a new auction after i purchased mine). The price to the USA is $42 with free shipping, but you get TWO of these covers- which might be a good idea since the chrome logo scratches easily. This auction ends 22 days from now, so if you're viewing this after Feb '12 the link will probably be dead. If so, try contacting ebay user hokori-motor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200701780643?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The seller blocked the part number in the image, but he sent me the shells in the factory bags so i got it. The part number is 89751-24070.

Here's the weird part... I have spent the entire day searching the web for this part number, looking for another source (since this eBay seller in in Japan) but have come up with NOTHING. Honestly, i have NO idea what vehicle this key cover even belongs to! I have never seen these before, but they are indeed 100% Lexus OEM (i can tell by the fitment, texture, curvature, and by the chrome logo which is literally the same exact one found on the Lexus smart keys) and they fit perfectly to the 04-09 RX's and "most" of the other Lexus models that have keys that look like this. I've searched and searched but i can't find these via the part number ANYWHERE.

So for now this guy on eBay seems to be the only source- and they're actually at a good price (comes to $21/each with free shipping). The only drawback is the shipping time (i inquired about expedited shipping as i've lost many packages through Japan Post) He only charged me $10 extra for 3-6 day shipping with Japan EMS which was worth it.

Here's what the factory Lexus key remotes look like- note the 2-D gold emblem.

ns8lj.jpg

And here's what these new "chrome" emblem shells look like installed on a spare RX remote i had. I really like it! What are your thoughts?

1z39rt3.jpg

246ksqd.jpg

dvpxm9.jpg

256bed4.jpg

1zmyw4k.jpg

30hv7ld.jpg

Enjoy!

Certainly, the new one is nicer-looking but because I have to dish out $1000 for my kids' text books every semester, I'll have to pass on this deal.

• 3 months later...