Why Don't My Mp3& Usb Love Me

pj8708

To begin;

I have a 2010 ES350 with Navigation.

I have a Sansa Fuze mp3 player.

I have the usual USB port that is standard with the ES package.

I have used two types of media for input to the cars audio system. The mp3 and the basic Thumb drive. The Thumb drives work beautifully. They show the title, folder, and artist. When I turn the car off, and then turn it back on, the audio starts right where it left off and all is right with the world.

When I use the mp3 player, things get weird. First, it does show all the track information, and the sound quality is excellent. But, when you turn the car off and then turn it back on, the radio/audio unit is turned off(powered downed). You have to hit the Volume/Power On knob, and then only the radio comes on. It does not start playing from the USB port,i.e.the mp3 player where you left off. You have to press the USB tab in order to start the mp3 player aagain. It does start playing from where it left off.

I can not figure out how the mp3 player can control the head unit like this. I have tried two things. There are two USB settings on the mp3 player. They are MTP. and MSC. In the MTP setting the car unit does not recognize the player. It is only in the MSC setting that it recognizes the player. That is the mode I use it in, and the mode in which all of these problems happen.

I haven't got a clue as to what is the problem. I know that Lexus designed the audio system in these later models to interface with the Ipod. And that may be the problem. There simply may not be enough compatibility to accommodate mere mortal players. LOL

Any ideas????

Thanks Ya'll

Paul

iPod works great ;)

See previous thread.....$$$

(actually, I have a Nano which I hate, so I will need to move into the 21st century sometime. But there has to be an answer to this question among the 134,000 members out there.)

I think 133,999 have iPods! :) :lol:

Yeah, but times are tough here out on the farm.....why an acre of prime farm land sold for only a little over $20,000 the other day.(no bull) Times are tough indeed!

Have you tried using your Nano? Thats what I use...

[/quot

I have switched to the Nano, and given the mp3 player a decent burial...solved all my problems. Too bad the Nano won't work with the Rhapsody site. I have a lot of tunes in my library there.

You can probably convert them...

Do you mean convert the mp3 files into another format? As far as I can tell, Itunes will only upload and download to a Ipod type unit, i.e. Nano. It sure dosen't work with the mp3 player.

Understand, this particular issue is not my strong suit.

Mine either LOL

I mean convert the MP3 files you have to a format that iTunes will accept...

I'm going to work on it tonight...I'll report back tommorow.

(I left you a reply at the Mod. forum)

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I have songs on my thumb drive .. It plays songs from some folders and skips some folders..

Can any one of you guide me with the way the folder management / file format etc.. ?

Whe

I have songs on my thumb drive .. It plays songs from some folders and skips some folders..

Can any one of you guide me with the way the folder management / file format etc.. ?

Whe

I know the feeling.

By now almost all Lexus dealers have created a position for a Customer service trainer. Their job is to help customers with the type of questions you have. Also, you can call Lexus Customer Service directly ar 800 255 3987. All of this help is free.

I am still talking to them but it is of no use. Even the local dealer is trying to get the information from Lexus ..

I would like to know the little tips in doing the folder management , etc.

It is weird that some folders play and some folders skip eventhough the format is mp3 .. These are all free downloaded songs

• 1 month later...