Head Lights

ok so i only have one head light working and i have changed the bulbs twice so far and im bout to lose my mind !any suggestions ?

Are you touching the new bulb when you install it? That's a no-no!

Death is 100% correct do not touch the bulb with your fingers...

They also they make a grease that you can put on the metal part of the bulb that may help. My wife's BMW kept blowing the rear tail lamp. Changed the bulb and it blew a few weeks after I had changed it. I know I didn’t touch the bulb. The guy at auto zone told me about the bulb grease...I guess that is what it is called. I tried it and so far so good at least for me. Maybe Death can let us know if the bulb grease is worth it or not...but I think it is supposed to help corrosion and moisture between the contacts which can cause the bulbs to blow.

I can tell you that it seems to of helped my outdoor low voltage lighting too. Man I was blowing bulbs like crazy…and I have been using it on those and it has sure helped.

So are you saying every new bulb you install burns out after a short amount of time? Or does one side headlight not work no matter what bulb you put in it?

If the former, what bulbs are you using to replace it? There are a lot of junk aftermarket bulbs sold at Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts stores that will indeed burn out prematurely. Sylvania makes a junk version and a high quality version headlight bulb; make sure you're buying the most expensive! If the latter, you might have a short in the wiring somewhere.