Clearing The Rear Lights

mac

I am thinking of clearing the back lights on my 92 LS but just the amber part so it's RED/WHITE/RED. I saw some clear back lights on ebay running for about $180 but thats way too much for me. I did a search and found some posts in the ES and SC sections explaining a process in which they heat the lights buy putting the lights in the oven and opening it up and taking out the amber film. I plan on doing this to my LS but I'd like some suggestions and info from you guys first.

You might should go by a Junk yard[or should I say: auto-recycler]; anyway, see if you can find a broken one to look at closely. To think I had a broken taillight[from my rearender] and I didn't even look at that--interested in retriving my halgon backup bulb !!!!

Just looked at mine--the amber section is definitely set in about 1/2" below the clear;but you will need to separate the 'back' off the lamp before you can get to it. Seems as if the ones for sale have a 'frosted' middle rather than absolutely clear???

let us know what you find out and how it looks.

ive seen those DIY taillights.....

none of em looked good.... you still can try but there is a chanse that you will just brake em. as i remember the process includes heating em up and separating. but b4 this you have to dissasemble the transparent part from the taillight piece. lots of work