Tire Pressure Sensor Threshold

rob_es350

I have 2 times the lights comes up. And it is for the spare tire in 3 years of service. The last one it was about 22-23 psi. Actually if we want ot know the threshold, bring along a electric pump, deflat the tire to the point the warning light comes on. Then we'll know the threshold value. Or just try the spare tire.

I have 2 times the lights comes up. And it is for the spare tire in 3 years of service. The last one it was about 22-23 psi. Actually if we want ot know the threshold, bring along a electric pump, deflat the tire to the point the warning light comes on. Then we'll know the threshold value. Or just try the spare tire.

yeah, worth trying out..at least we will finally have the answer

I will reset mine after putting in 35 or 36 psi, and than test it to see where the threshold is, and if it is a fixed delta from the set point or a percentage

• 1 year later...

I will reset mine after putting in 35 or 36 psi, and than test it to see where the threshold is, and if it is a fixed delta from the set point or a percentage

Just be aware that the system only interrogates the transmitter on one minute intervals. So, with the engine running, let out a set amount of air, and then wait up to a minute to see if it triggers the warning light.

Mine goes off all the time due to the spare as best that I can tell.

BTW, I am not all that busy right now so I could make the trip to Japan. I even used to have a driver's license to drive in Japan (on the wrong side of the road). Since I'm old, radiation shouldn't have that much of an impact on my life expectancy. Plus I could research other items for the club as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Just be aware that the system only interrogates the transmitter on one minute intervals. So, with the engine running, let out a set amount of air, and then wait up to a minute to see if it triggers the warning light.

BTW, I am not all that busy right now so I could make the trip to Japan. I even used to have a driver's license to drive in Japan (on the wrong side of the road). Since I'm old, radiation shouldn't have that much of an impact on my life expectancy. Plus I could research other items for the club as well.

I have nuclear power plant experience so I should go with you. Getting new tires Monday and I will air all 5 to 30 psi and initialize my monitor, then will check with my digital gauge the moment the light comes back on. Testing the spare is a good idea though. Be interested to hear back from you guys.

I have nuclear power plant experience so I should go with you. Getting new tires Monday and I will air all 5 to 30 psi and initialize my monitor, then will check with my digital gauge the moment the light comes back on. Testing the spare is a good idea though. Be interested to hear back from you guys.

What tires are you getting? My best experience ever has been with Michelin Primacy. I know it's crazy, but whether or not my tires (Michelin Energy™ MXV4 S8) are worn out or not next summer, I will be replacing them with the Primacy. They have better traction, handle better, and are more comfortable. The last ones that I almost wore out got 56K. The S8's are pretty good, though.

What tires are you getting? My best experience ever has been with Michelin Primacy. I know it's crazy, but whether or not my tires (Michelin Energy™ MXV4 S8) are worn out or not next summer, I will be replacing them with the Primacy. They have better traction, handle better, and are more comfortable. The last ones that I almost wore out got 56K. The S8's are pretty good, though.

Primacy MXV4's H rated 215/55/R17

Primacy MXV4's H rated 215/55/R17

Sounds good to me!