Can Anyone Tell Me What This Is?

JimmithiFritters

I have no idea but I read all threads with nipples in their titles. :whistles:

My guess is that the extra "nipples" are for supplying vacuum to operate devices/options/systems that your car does not have. Or maybe they are for diagostic use.

ive seen other throttle bodies with the same markings but the holes arent drilled out with fittings inserted. my hope was that the "P" is performance and if i switch the hose to "E" thats economy and somehow ill get better mileage. im lucky to get 24mpg highway. mostly i get 21-22 b/c im a leadfooted 20yr old. :P

ive seen other throttle bodies with the same markings but the holes arent drilled out with fittings inserted. my hope was that the "P" is performance and if i switch the hose to "E" thats economy and somehow ill get better mileage. im lucky to get 24mpg highway. mostly i get 21-22 b/c im a leadfooted 20yr old. :P

You are doing extremely well if you are getting that kind of gas mileage. I rarely did that well with the gen 1 LS400 I drove for 13+ years and I drove fairly gently.

That is youthful thinking but no such luck. The other vacuum lines are probably some sort of emissions for California cars. See the pics on http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/EFI/throttlebody.html

That is youthful thinking but no such luck. The other vacuum lines are probably some sort of emissions for California cars. See the pics on http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/EFI/throttlebody.html

I don't remember anything on the window sticker of my LS400 I bought new in 1990 and drove for 13+ years saying anything about it having the California emmission system - I bought it in Missouri - but it used all three vacuum lines. I just snagged photo of its engine and exterior from Portland Craigslist - it's second owner just listed it for sale. It is at 295,000 miles and still looks pretty good. The engine photo clearly shows all three "nipples" in use.

post-2157-0-75830600-1320716015_thumb.jp

post-2157-0-49948400-1320716071_thumb.jp

Jim, is it time to buy back your 'baby'? You need a hobby....plus, you can play catch-up to Billy. :lol: That car still (did) look(s) pretty nice.

[edit] just looked at pics on craigslist. Those years of salt seem to be getting to her. :cries:

Jim, is it time to buy back your 'baby'? You need a hobby....plus, you can play catch-up to Billy. :lol: That car still (did) look(s) pretty nice.

[edit] just looked at pics on craigslist. Those years of salt seem to be getting to her. :cries:

Hay guys, I just sold my 99, 7500, so I am only a two LS family again.... and now I need to get the CEL light off, and the "trac-off" light to quit blinking

thanks everybody, i guess it wasnt as cool as i hoped.

The extra nipples for vacuum pipes are only fitted normally to the JDM models known as Toyota Celsiors. Some of these were fitted as standard with Eaton M90 superchargers which used the extra take offs to monitor and control the boost pressure.

It sounds like yours has been converted back to standard,pity as the SC models had over 400BHP! :whistles:

The extra nipples for vacuum pipes are only fitted normally to the JDM models known as Toyota Celsiors. Some of these were fitted as standard with Eaton M90 superchargers which used the extra take offs to monitor and control the boost pressure.

It sounds like yours has been converted back to standard,pity as the SC models had over 400BHP! :whistles:

I had to put on my hip boots to read this one. <_<

I had to put on my hip boots to read this one. <_<

My Brit sense of humour I'm afraid :D