Hyundai Genesis Beats Lexus 350

RX350lover

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In conclusion:

1) It seems that for someone who is buying and not leasing, buying a two year old Genesis will provide the greatest bang for the buck as depreciation for the Genesis is much greater than for the ES350.

2) For anyone who wishes to show off, there is only one choice, the Lexus. No matter what the ratings are saying.

3) Although Consumer Reports is a great magazine, in their ranking of the cars, one very important factor is missing because it cannot be truly evaluated. And that is the quality of service you will get at the dealer. If quality of customer service could be taken into account, the Lexus would no doubt be in first place and by a great margin.

So in closing, the Genesis is more for value-oriented people who do not need to show off, are willing to deal with a product which isn't as mature and are willing to be treated with less dignity when requiring service at the dealer. So in the end, no car is number one. It is just different cars meeting different individual needs.

In conclusion:

1) It seems that for someone who is buying and not leasing, buying a two year old Genesis will provide the greatest bang for the buck as depreciation for the Genesis is much greater than for the ES350.

2) For anyone who wishes to show off, there is only one choice, the Lexus. No matter what the ratings are saying.

3) Although Consumer Reports is a great magazine, in their ranking of the cars, one very important factor is missing because it cannot be truly evaluated. And that is the quality of service you will get at the dealer. If quality of customer service could be taken into account, the Lexus would no doubt be in first place and by a great margin.

So in closing, the Genesis is more for value-oriented people who do not need to show off, are willing to deal with a product which isn't as mature and are willing to be treated with less dignity when requiring service at the dealer. So in the end, no car is number one. It is just different cars meeting different individual needs.

I think you got it...different cars, different needs.

This has been posted before but I thought it was perfect as a reminder of how great an automobile the ES350 is. Standing alone, the sedan gives the owner a generous amount of value for the investment. I don't have a comparable overview for the Genesis.

Comments?

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/news/date/2010-07-28/title/lexus-es-350-continues-to-symbolize-luxury-and-style

This has been posted before but I thought it was perfect as a reminder of how great an automobile the ES350 is. Standing alone, the sedan gives the owner a generous amount of value for the investment. I don't have a comparable overview for the Genesis.

Comments?

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/news/date/2010-07-28/title/lexus-es-350-continues-to-symbolize-luxury-and-style

this is a company press release, not an article from a reviewing magazine or something similar

Comments?

You are right rob. I didn't mean it as a review of the car or a competitive analysis, but a summary of the plethora of features and equipment that make up the ES350. As I said, I feel it is a good value, and based on the number of people who are members of the club, a lot of people feel Lexus in general is a good value. Thanks for your comment rob.

this is a company press release, not an article from a reviewing magazine or something similar

Comments?

You are right rob. I didn't mean it as a review of the car or a competitive analysis, but a summary of the plethora of features and equipment that make up the ES350. As I said, I feel it is a good value, and based on the number of people who are members of the club, a lot of people feel Lexus in general is a good value. Thanks for your comment rob.

o, I totally agree that you get an amazing amount of features and quality for your money

they sell a tom of them, so that seems to be the consensus

Not sure you agree, but I thought this was Germaine to our conversation. It appears you can't always believe the market reports regarding corporate sales and market share. A little surprised that a prestigious brand like Mercedes would resort to such a thing.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/20/deposed-mercedes-benz-usa-ceo-lieb-accused-of-financial-wrongdoi/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fautoblog+%28Autoblog%29