Lx50 - Where Is The Fuel Filter

tem

Tom,

I don't have my FSM handy, but I do have the Chiltons version on hand. If it's what they are referring to as the Fuel Pump Strainer/Filter (kind of a bag or pouch looking thing), looks like it's attached to the bottom of the fuel pump. To get to the fuel pump, looks like you have to remove the floor service hole cover under the rear floor mat, under the second seats.

Do you know what the service interval for replacement is?

Later,

Rookie

guys,

From the manual & Alldata system, the filter is located on the driver side, just before the rear wheel. Trace the fuel line in front of the rear wheel.

The Haynes manual recommends replacing the filter every 15000 miles or 12 months. Now, I need to get a filter for my car :)

Thi

• 4 months later...

The filter is under the intake on driver's side. I had to first unhook the wiring harness (for the starter) that runs along the lower part of the engine block. Then I had clear access to the 12mm bolt nearest the engine block that holds the filter flange; the outer 12mm bolt holding the filter flange is readily accessable.

Needed two 12'' extentions on the ratchet to reach the filter flange bolts; loosen both. Then, while underneath, use a 17mm to loosen the banjo bolt holding the fuel line connection at the rear of the filter and receive face full of gas; then from the top you can reach the front banjo bolt. Back under (leave ceegar on toolbox) and remove the filter flange bolts.

Remove old and reposition new filter through space between oil filter and manifold.

Use new crush-washers with connections.