Es300 Hood Supports

jbrubaker

struts for the same year Camry should fit with a slight modification that you will be able to figure out upon matching the new Camry one up with the one on your ES.

The Camry ones are available at Autozone and the like for easy money.

steviej

Some people don't appreciate questions that don't apply to them personally. Thanks for asking for the rest of us.

es300man, please chill out. skperformance posted that for a reason. The orginal thread by jbrubaker was started in the Working Tutorial section of this forum and not the ES 330/300 section. sk responded and then moved the entire thread to the appropriate section, that's all.

now everybody's cool.

steviej

good question good answer

badly misunderstood

If i had just moved the post without letting him know then he might post there again and may never get an answer ,as that forum is rarely visited, as it is for fixes how to's. Not questions.

Thanks for the clear up stevie

So, back to the question...... :D

I am planning on doing it but need to verify instructions.

It was mentioned that you had to pull out the upper strut ball mount with force (leaving the upper ball mount in hood). But, the lower ball mount bracket had to be removed by the bolt and bracket. Then, you have to drill out the lower ball mount on the strut in order to release the ball mount and bracket from your old strut. You need the old lower ball mount and bracket for the new Camry hood strut (Autozone, $30). The new Camry hood strut does not come with any ball mounts. You must reuse the Lexus's ball mounts. (Lexus strut does come with new ball mounts but it will cost you $80-$100)

The upper ball mount should still be attached to your hood. Now, you have to take the lower ball mount and bracket and bolt it back into engine bay. Take the new Camry strut and attach with two new reataining pins to the old upper and lower ball mounts.

Similar to LS400 application below.

Go to this site: http://www.cureline.net/lex/howtos/howto_hood_shocks.htm

Is there anything I missed or need corrected with the instructions above? Anyone run into problems that they have tips for 93 ES300?

Thanks,

Binh

After reading that i am confused and i already did it.

To use them just unbolt the lower brackets. Use a small dremel cut off wheel to cut the upper ( on the hood) outer casing off to release the shroud from the slide clip retainer for the ball socket. The new ones have a slide sleeve to resucure them on the ball