Most Effective Way To Deal With Dust

timzter

What is the best way to deal with dust collecting on the dashboard, console, gear stick area, cup holder area, etc.? How do detailers do it?

I detail my car once a week and I use a duster I purchased at AutoZone for the dash and console area, etc. I use an Oakley sunglasses case for the gauge cluster. This method seems to work just fine for me. The dash material is very sensitive, so you can’t do too much to it without it scratching or marring.

I detail my car once a week and I use a duster I purchased at AutoZone for the dash and console area, etc. I use an Oakley sunglasses case for the gauge cluster. This method seems to work just fine for me. The dash material is very sensitive, so you can’t do too much to it without it scratching or marring.

Does the duster you purchased at AutoZone use static electricity to attract the dust? I haven't used any of the Swiffer products but wondering if they actually work as advertised, that is, the dust sticks to the cloth as you wipe the surface. Has anyone used it?

What is the best way to deal with dust collecting on the dashboard, console, gear stick area, cup holder area, etc.? How do detailers do it?

I use Sonus Cockpit Detailer (purchased on-line) for the dash. It has a matt finish so the dash/vinyl areas do not get shinny or slippery. The Sonus also repesl dust. Make sure to always use a damp (with Sonus) micro fiber towel on the dash so you don't scratch it. I also use Sonus Total Eclipse, it has a SPF of 40 to protect the dash.

For the gauges, wood, and NAV I use a long handled woman's make-up brush...it is so soft and sweeps away the dust from the nooks & crannies. Also on the NAV I use a Lens Wipe...cleaning it very gently.

There is a detailing section on this site (somewhere) and that is where I got all my info.

!Removed! luck

I use Sonus Cockpit Detailer (purchased on-line) for the dash. It has a matt finish so the dash/vinyl areas do not get shinny or slippery. The Sonus also repesl dust. Make sure to always use a damp (with Sonus) micro fiber towel on the dash so you don't scratch it.

+1 on the Sonus Cockpit Detailer - sounds like another Autopia guy.

Mine just looks like a small mop head... and I stick it in the washer every other use.

(A women's make-up brush..... what a good idea!)

I did use a soft brush (not make-up brush though) for my previous ES 330 before and I saw that it was mostly just pushing the dust particles around--especially if it's in the crevices of the gear stick housing. I'll check out the Sonus stuff.

I just use a very damp micro cloth every time I wash (which is at least once a week) for the dash, don't rub hard, just gloss over it, because the dash seems to scratch easily.... I put on and remove a very light coat of Johnson's wax for my all my wood trim (but not on every wash). For my Nav screen I use optical wipes and for the crevices in the gear shift housing I use a vacuum wand to remove debris/dust, again be careful not to touch the wood with the wand. It can scratch too!!