Lexus Veterans Help Newb

downwind4final

My father in-law has a 2003 LS430 he bought new. It has the super luxury pkg, nav, Levinson sound, pwr shades, and 90k mi. It just got a new timing belt and some suspension work. Except for needing new tires, it's in excellent condition and was gently driven, garage kept, and well maintained.

He has offered it to us for $10k. I know this a nice price, but I am still hesitant due to it's mileage.

Based on your experiences:

- I'd like a trouble free car for the next two years. Can I likely expect fairly trouble free driving for the next 30k mi?

- What should I look to take care of (maintenance-wise) right away?

- Is this car really worth ~$14-15k as the KBB site says?

Thanks in advance for your input! If I get it, I'll post pics asap.

My father in-law has a 2003 LS430 he bought new. It has the super luxury pkg, nav, Levinson sound, pwr shades, and 90k mi. It just got a new timing belt and some suspension work. Except for needing new tires, it's in excellent condition and was gently driven, garage kept, and well maintained.

He has offered it to us for $10k. I know this a nice price, but I am still hesitant due to it's mileage.

- I'd like a trouble free car for the next two years. Can I likely expect fairly trouble free driving for the next 30k mi?

Buy it, Change the oil, Drive it And report back after the trouble free 30k B) Yes, That is the correct value.

Welcome to the club :cheers:

90k miles on an LS is nothing. 90k miles on an LS you know firsthand the condition and maintenance history of is beyond nothing...and $10k for that car is a pittance. Buy it...thank your Dad.

Very good deal. Since you have the 90k service already done you won't see a major bill for a while. As others have stated 90k is nothing for this car. 200k+ isn't unrealistic. It appears your father in law is cutting you a great deal, probably to help you guys out. I'd jump on it.

Welcome to the Club! :cheers:

Don't believe them! It's a terrible price for a car that you won't be happy with! Will is really only joking. So do yourself a favor, just pm me and I'll take it off your hands and save you a lot of grief!

What kind of "suspension work" was done? Does it have the air suspension option? The only thing that spooks me about the LS, is the air suspension. Not that it's bad, infact it's probably the best in the industry. But the whoppin' price to replace if it fails. You say it's the "super luxury"... does that mean it's on the air setup?

At the end of the day, I seriously doubt your father in law would hose you over. You're family. And even if he doesn't like you, you are married to his daughter. $10k is a great deal.