Need An Obd1 Scanner

• 2 weeks later...

I put a ScanGauge II in my 2000 GS300. ($170 at ScanGauge.com - also available at AutoZone). Their web site shows it should work on almost anything 1996 and newer, but also shows it works on some 1994 Toyotas and a '94 ES300. If you are definitly OBD I, it may not work, but worth a call, as they have excellent support.

I mounted mine on the dash and use as a trip computer showing a variety of operational parameters. I also used it to read and clear a "Check Engine" light in my son's Firehawk.

I put a ScanGauge II in my 2000 GS300. ($170 at ScanGauge.com - also available at AutoZone). Their web site shows it should work on almost anything 1996 and newer, but also shows it works on some 1994 Toyotas and a '94 ES300. If you are definitly OBD I, it may not work, but worth a call, as they have excellent support.

I mounted mine on the dash and use as a trip computer showing a variety of operational parameters. I also used it to read and clear a "Check Engine" light in my son's Firehawk.

Well i checked them out and they dont work on my 93 GS300 So now im still trying to find a OBD-1 Scanner.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i checked them out and they dont work on my 93 GS300 So now im still trying to find a OBD-1 Scanner.

I have a 94gs300 and i went to kragens and got one for $30. The instruction book came with code definitions and how to clear check engine light. Its nothing fancy you count the blinks of the airbag light to get the code but it works great,saved me alot of time and guesswork.

You need to locate the connector, and short TE1 to E1. You then turn the ignition switch to the ON position (do not start the car) and the check engine light will flash any codes.. If you do not feel comfortable with this, and want a little more detail with some pics, "PM" me your email address. I will send a word doc that includes pics, and goes into plenty of detail. ( I've tried uploading these types of files before but have not had any success).

You need to locate the connector, and short TE1 to E1. You then turn the ignition switch to the ON position (do not start the car) and the check engine light will flash any codes.. If you do not feel comfortable with this, and want a little more detail with some pics, "PM" me your email address. I will send a word doc that includes pics, and goes into plenty of detail. ( I've tried uploading these types of files before but have not had any success).

why shouldnt you turn on the engine while the OBD is connected to the car??