Ls400 Seats

9393mike

Is there a seat track that will allow the seat to go back farther ?
I wish. Unfortunately, the only options are to modify the seat mounts or buy a German car since almost all of them have seat tracks that will slide the seat so far back it will hit the rear seat cushion. I've heard that shops who modify cars for handicapped people will usually take on the task of remounting the seat further back, but I've never looked in to it--I'm kind of used to not being comfortable in a car. The only cars (I know of) that have aftermarket seat track extenders are the '94-'04 (I think) Ford Mustang and '04-'09 Toyota Prius.

That's a cheap price for your '93! Any issues?

First time I've heard this, I'm 6ft tall and still don't need the seat fully back, how about removing the front seat and sitting in the back to drive :lol:

lol I don't know how anyone could buy a car online without first having driven the model locally to eliminate surprises like mike's? :huh:

lol I don't know how anyone could buy a car online without first having driven the model locally to eliminate surprises like mike's? :huh:

I can sure see how someone would expect a car as large as a gen 1 LS400 to have more potential drivers legroom. I was surprised when I bought my first LS in 1990 that its driver seat didn't slide backward nearly as much as in either my Mercedes 240D or even my little tiny Honda CRX Si. OK, I guess when Honda converted the CRX from a 4-seater (Japanese market) to a 2-seater for the American market, they went a little overboard to accommodate big people. Toyota/Lexus should have done better on the LS driver seat.

This statement is on the http://extendmyseat.trespropaganda.com website:

Please email us at sales@extendmyseat and let us know what car you would like extend my seat brackets for and we will see what we can do.

I can sure see how someone would expect a car as large as a gen 1 LS400 to have more potential drivers legroom. I was surprised when I bought my first LS in 1990 that its driver seat didn't slide backward nearly as much as in either my Mercedes 240D or even my little tiny Honda CRX Si.

Agreed. Nevertheless, buying a car without knowing how it drives or what the interior's like is a bit like ordering sushi without first knowing that it's not cooked! I guess some just enjoy the rush and GO BRAVE! :whistles:

Toyota/Lexus should have done better on the LS driver seat.
So, so true.
This statement is on the http://extendmyseat.trespropaganda.com website:

Please email us at sales@extendmyseat and let us know what car you would like extend my seat brackets for and we will see what we can do.

I've written to them, and he said that they don't have anything at this time for my LS400. I wasn't too surprised to hear that.

When I installed IS300 front seats in mine last year I noticed just bolting them to the OE positions set the seat itself back farther. Seems the rails on the LS seats are just set forward more on the tracks than normal. With mine all the way back now I would have trouble driving the car, not a problem on the big, plumpy LS seats.