Drove A 2010 Es350, Hyundai Genesis & Lincoln Mks Back To Back

SW03ES

I've been doing my own comparison, but instead of sedans I'm looking for sporty cars. So far I've driven a Saab 9-3 2.0T, Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8T, Mustang GT, and Camaro SS. Amazingly my favorite so far is the Genesis! I'm driving an IS C and possibly an SC tonight so that may change my favorite... I hope so.

I wouldn't waste my time with the Saab. If your liking the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, then atleast give the Nissan 370 a spin also. It costs more, but it's nice and tight, and they really juiced the acceleration. Crazy enouph, of the list of cars you have in this post, I think I would be leaning on the Mustang. There's been this voice in my head again, calling softly. LOL!!! The front end of the new Mustangs is just so cool lookin! And they are finally getting the interior right! Not to mention all the suspension improvements they have been making to the car which I thought was the weakest point of the Mustang a few years back. But not anymore. The only thing I would change out is the rear tail lights. For some reason the back of the Mustang just doesn't look right.

I agree with your taste re: the rear end of the Mustang. 'Something' is just not right. They still have solid rear axle, though, and that is soooo... obsolete.

If I were to get a Mustang I'd wait until the 2011 5.0 GT. I've never been much of a fan of Nissan but I'll give the 370 a shot.

The Genesis coupe track edition is rated as high as BMW 3 series when it comes to handling. The 370z and the Mustang will not handle as well.

I've been doing my own comparison, but instead of sedans I'm looking for sporty cars. So far I've driven a Saab 9-3 2.0T, Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8T, Mustang GT, and Camaro SS. Amazingly my favorite so far is the Genesis! I'm driving an IS C and possibly an SC tonight so that may change my favorite... I hope so.

I wouldn't waste my time with the Saab. If your liking the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, then atleast give the Nissan 370 a spin also. It costs more, but it's nice and tight, and they really juiced the acceleration. Crazy enouph, of the list of cars you have in this post, I think I would be leaning on the Mustang. There's been this voice in my head again, calling softly. LOL!!! The front end of the new Mustangs is just so cool lookin! And they are finally getting the interior right! Not to mention all the suspension improvements they have been making to the car which I thought was the weakest point of the Mustang a few years back. But not anymore. The only thing I would change out is the rear tail lights. For some reason the back of the Mustang just doesn't look right.

I agree with your taste re: the rear end of the Mustang. 'Something' is just not right. They still have solid rear axle, though, and that is soooo... obsolete.

The solid axle does still have some advantages. Particularly with high hp vehicles. Go to the drag strip and see what every car there is running, and keep in mind where the Mustang came from. But that doesn't mean I don't also agree that maybe it's time to atleast offer a fully independant system, even if in the beginning as an optional upgrade. Don't forget, new car today, Frankenstien racer tomarrow. Ford and Chevy still have a responsibility to a whole other class of car buyer to supply usable racing parts for an entirely different market of racers also. So some of what they use has to stay in production or your going to have an uprising on your hands.

If I were to get a Mustang I'd wait until the 2011 5.0 GT. I've never been much of a fan of Nissan but I'll give the 370 a shot.

Agreed. The new 5.0 is getting right with the world again. :rolleyes:

The solid axle does still have some advantages. Particularly with high hp vehicles. Go to the drag strip and see what every car there is running, and keep in mind where the Mustang came from. But that doesn't mean I don't also agree that maybe it's time to atleast offer a fully independant system, even if in the beginning as an optional upgrade. Don't forget, new car today, Frankenstien racer tomarrow. Ford and Chevy still have a responsibility to a whole other class of car buyer to supply usable racing parts for an entirely different market of racers also. So some of what they use has to stay in production or your going to have an uprising on your hands.

Agreed. The new 5.0 is getting right with the world again. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, our roads aren't as smooth and level as drag-strips. I am sure you have experienced the cutely named 'axle-hop' (I shudder when I think of it as well as feel it!) and tthen the lack of it when you move to an independent-axled car... In my view, with all the improvements that Ford has made, an ultimate one by changing to IRS would complete the work-in-progress. [Of coiurse, improve rear lights/panel as well, esthetically!].

After the media is done flogging Toyota, the Lexus brand will mean nothing!

We'll see. People forget pretty quickly...

Yeah, look how many times have we forgiven GM.

After the media is done flogging Toyota, the Lexus brand will mean nothing!

We'll see. People forget pretty quickly...

Yeah, look how many times have we forgiven GM.

... and people are still buying Chryslers.

Last night I test drove a Dodge Challenger and IS 350 C...

The Challenger was a nice car but, it's a Chrysler. I've read reviews where little things go wrong and the one I wanted at the dealer had a busted side mirror. How does that happen? It's a brand new car!

Now the IS C. This is quite possibly my new favorite car. It was exactly what I want, fast with a touch of luxury, exactly what Lexus is good at, as we all know.

I think I'm going to give the Mustang and Camaro another go around and then I think I can decide what I really want.