More Hp/speed

I know about the SRT Intake and I'll willing to invest about $500 right now into the car's performance if I will be able to feel some sort of gains from it before being forced to use forced induction. I read through some threads and came to the conclusion that a muffler system will not provide any gains if i'm not going turbo. So now I'm asking you fellas if there is anything else I can do, along side an SRT Intake that is within $500, give or take $200 to have my inline 6 as quick as it can be.

The main reason for this too is because I want to race a BMW 330i 6speed and I want to be able to do some damage. What are your thoughts?

cduluk, I wish I could of gone with a 430 BUT at the time given with the situation I was in, I couldn't wait longer to search for a 430 that was of a decent condition and mileage here in NY. I landed with a sports edition, black with black trim and a ML package with navi and the chromed rims with the stock hids etc etc lol. And I was happy with the price I was able to work it down to and I also like the inline 6.

GS300dude, your advice sounded like it came right out of a fast and furious movie lol. If I could of gone with the 400 or 430 I would. I do have plans of turning my little I6 baby into a supercharged monster that blows the doors off of most imports that I have running around here in NewYork, but until then, I'm looking for as much modifications as possible to squeeze all the quickness I can out of my princess.

Is there anything out there that will do this for me? L-tuned parts? Pixie dust?

Additional: I just did a quick search and stumbled across something on Club Lexus as well as http://l-tunedparts.com. I will need some knowledge on this as well for emissions BUT wouldn't adding a better B and Y pipe increase my HP because of less restriction of my exhaust flow. I think thats the most I can do to get all the HP and TQ out of my car before I start reducing weight like a madman.

If the answer is yes to the above question, my second question is, will I be able to pass emissions with this modication? The things I do for speed :rolleyes: Thanks Guys

Scratch the question about HP..lol of course it will add some hp...but on to emissions... I take it I will probably be losing my first 2 CC if I add headers, but will I be losing an CC when I add the B & Y pipe? And how does a light weight crank pulley sound? Any recommendations on one that is tested to work for a N/A set up? I'm adding a rocket on the roof for extra HP at a push of the "RED" button. Sorry for all the edits

Edited by DJSin

No not really.....because while you fiddle with headers and intake and any of the other bolt on stuff, and waste your money chasing a few hp, some !Removed! in a box-stock GS400 will blow you into the weeds without even thinking you are trying to race....

You have a GS300. Be happy, drive it, and forget about more hp.

• 2 weeks later...

I locked myself in a cave and thought about it for 10 days an Sir SRK, your right. A Lexus is a lexus an mean't to be driven as a luxary car.. hmm. Now I have moved on into getting a toy car to fullfill my speed pleasures ;)