Adding Backup Camera To 02 Ls430 Ultra

Lsenvy

I have the Ultra package, including navigation. Has anyone added a backup camera to an 02 LS430? I went to my dealer, and his aftermarket backup camera had to use a seperately mounted screen. But, I know there are some manufacturers who offer something that will interface with the nav computer in the trunk. Has anyone had experience doing this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i was actually curious about this also. i have a 2001 LS430 with NAV/ML, when looking at the nav system in the trunk there is a plug that is just sitting there, doesnt look like it has a place to go. didnt know if that had something to do with the back up camera? its about 16-18 wires, a white plug about 1.5in x .75in. there is also a small blue plug that looks like a sat radio connection taped to a larger bundle of wire. if anyone has any info on these and their function it would help. thanks

There are extra connectors in the trunk for the optional and now obsolete analog Lexus Link. the optional dealer installed phone system, and the antenna on the rear of the roof. The roof antenna was used for the dealer installed phone system unless the car had Lexus Link in which case it was used for it and an imprinted phone antenna was added by the dealer to the rear window for use with the phone system.

The 04-06 models have an additional ECU that powers the camera and sends the signal to the nav screen. Not sure if this can be retrofitted or not.

You might be able to rig something with this:

http://www.vaistech.com/products/sl2vu.php

you'd have to manually switch to the backup camera; and you'd have to figure out how to power the camera and turn the signal into a standard audio/video input that the adaptor could handle.

It might make more sense to fit parking sensors if your car doesn't already have them; several kits are available that use either sonar or electromagnetic sensors to detect proximity.

I have the Ultra package, including navigation. Has anyone added a backup camera to an 02 LS430? I went to my dealer, and his aftermarket backup camera had to use a seperately mounted screen. But, I know there are some manufacturers who offer something that will interface with the nav computer in the trunk. Has anyone had experience doing this?

Thanks

I will see if I still have a rear view camera for your 02 LS430 with nav ;)

Thanks

I have a factory OEM rear view camera for your LS430. PM or EM me for details please.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

I have a factory OEM rear view camera for your LS430. PM or EM me for details please.

I just got back to the board and saw your note dc. When I went to pm or email, the board wouldn't let me. I'd like to know more, is it plug and play, price etc. Thanks