New Member, New Owner, '95 Ls400

mr.ajandkj

Been looking for awhile and finally found one last week, a clean '95, silver, 2-owner, 157k miles, all major service items recently completed that has been locally (Oregon) owned it's entire life. I posted on Club Lexus as well, and then recently found this forum. Picked it up for $3900 which I thought was pretty decent even with a few warts. Not a steal, but not bad at all either.

A few nits to fix found so far: power antenna inop, hood struts, radio LCD and backlight, both seat heaters (lights on but no heat- leads me to believe that something else is going on vs. the elements both being bad), A/C compressor out, not a major deal in OR. All issues I can repair myself.

Timing belt/water pump done at ~120k, replaced steering rack at ~125k. So far I've replaced the cabin air filter (cut from filter from Lowes, $10 with enough to make 3-4 more), cleaned top of engine, cleaned throttle body (second butterfly was NASTY on backside, 1st was clean). Also found when I registered the VIN at Lexus.com that the original owner had all service done at Lexus of Portland, and the timing belt had already been done at 110k miles, so guess it's been done twice now!

Cheers,

Adam

siderq.jpg

engin.png

intback1.png

dash1.png

Welcome. Looks like you got a clean looking LS400. Enjoy it! Fix all those issues, too!

yep, but those radio/backlights can get under your skin..... I sold my 96 (Pioneer radio) because of that. I took it to Lexus pioneer repair in dallas, they fixed it, lasted 1 day, and they said there was nothing else they could do... so it is in Arkansas now.... and I am happy with my 97's.

hopefully yours will be a piece of cake..