2004 Rx330 Cd Error 4, How To Remove Cds?

lexluthor5

I'm getting CD Error 4 on my 2004 RX330. It happened once in a while and sometimes came back after turning the car off and back on. Now, it's stuck as Error 4.

What are some things I can try to get this working again?

Are there instructions anywhere for a manual eject?

If there's really nothing I can do, can I at least get at the CD holder to remove my CDs? How hard is it to get in there?

I'm not really looking to get it fixed (I saw on here that Lexus wants $800 or something) and I'm not even looking to put in a 3rd party CD player. I can live without the CDs for now, I just want to get my CDs out and maybe just try a few things that might have some sort of chance at getting this working again.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have the exact same problem... I have seen other posts on this topic on the forum but I have been searching for over a half hour and I'll be damned if I can find anything on it now... I seem to recall something to the effect of disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but that hasn't worked for me... Neither has repeatedly pushing the eject button... Hopefully somebody can link this post to the one with all the answers... Thanks!

I randomly have the same problem. Usually if I push eject right before I turn off the car, then take out the key and put it back in, the CD will come out and it will work fine for a while.

That's probably not good if the message won't go away at all. Hopefully someone around here knows what to do.

The vast majority of CD players built during the past decade have a reset button. Very often that reset button is hidden and difficult to find. For those who have a detachable faceplate, the reset button is usually visible once the faceplate is removed. It often requires a nailpunch or ballpoint pen to depress the reset button. Once you find and press the reset button, the unit cycles through, loses all pre-sets such as radio stations and treble/mid-range/bass settings, and the best news is that the eject button will now work again in most cases....

Look for your reset button. If you can't find it, go to an experienced car audio installation shop. They will find it within two minutes and have your CD out of there in a flash....

• 13 years later...