Car Leaks

hollin

I have a 2000 RX300 and after a very heavy rain, both the driver side and passenger side floor hane a half inch of water. I am not sure where the leak is at and why it is both areas.

I thought it would be the seal on the car door, so I made sure any place that was loose, I glued down with gorilla glue, but it did not help.

Can I fix this myself or do I need to take it to a shop?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Hollin

I have a 2000 RX300 and after a very heavy rain, both the driver side and passenger side floor hane a half inch of water. I am not sure where the leak is at and why it is both areas.

I thought it would be the seal on the car door, so I made sure any place that was loose, I glued down with gorilla glue, but it did not help.

Can I fix this myself or do I need to take it to a shop?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Hollin

There is a very good chance that it is your A/C compressor drian that is clogged causing water to drain into your vehicle. I believe that it is a very easy fix that involves blowing compressed air into the drain tube. Check other posts on a DIY.

Good Luck.

Guys- I can't believe that a clogged A/C tube would dump a half inch of water on both sides in front. He said it happens after a heavy rain and you usually aren't running your A/C in a heavy rain. Besides, the rain shouldn't be getting in to that point anyway, that should only be evaporator condensation. Evaporator condensation in the heavy rain when you probably wouldn't be using your A/C? I doubt it. If your getting that much water in, you've got a pretty healthy leak and as soon as the rain stops, I'd get the water hose out and make my own rain. Get inside while someone runs the water over the outside with pretty good pressure. I used to do water leaks a long time ago at a dealership and I could always find the leak that way. You might want to do a little looking with a good light before you even do that. If you have had water coming in for a while, it will usually leave some sign, even when it's dry.

Has the windshield ever been replaced? That's one of the 1st places I would test.

This is a very common problem as vehicles with moonroofs age. If you have a moonroof, your interior leaks are being caused by the moonroof drains becoming clogged with debris as the years pass. Rainwater can no longer drain from the moonroof channels so it finds its way inside and gravity leads it down to the floorboards.

Blow out your moonroof drains with compressed air and you'll be good to go once again....