2002 Navigation System

bergersr

I have a 2002 LX 470 and the Nav system just went dark. It says :there is "No Disc Detected". There is a disc in the computer unit underneath the right front passenger seat. I took it to Lexus and they said it is either a bad disc ($300), or a bad unit ($1,000)... The only way to know if it's a bad disc is to buy a new one and find out. That's a $300 gamble however. Can I buy a new disc for a reasonable price and then determine if this is the problem? If it's not the disc and I need a replace nav computer unit, can I buy one somewhere other than Lexus dealer for a better price?

Thanks much for any help!!

Nav Help Needed

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2002 LX 470 and the Nav system just went dark. It says :there is "No Disc Detected". There is a disc in the computer unit underneath the right front passenger seat. I took it to Lexus and they said it is either a bad disc ($300), or a bad unit ($1,000)... The only way to know if it's a bad disc is to buy a new one and find out. That's a $300 gamble however. Can I buy a new disc for a reasonable price and then determine if this is the problem? If it's not the disc and I need a replace nav computer unit, can I buy one somewhere other than Lexus dealer for a better price?

Nav Help Needed

I think the new Nav 9.1 disc should be about $200. http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/import/Na...tion_chart.html

I think you can also find a copy from someone for much less. GL

Nav Help Needed

If you find that it is the computer I will help you out ;)

Nav Help Needed

Why o why cant your dealer use a test disc to determine your problem.