Does This Sound Good Enough..

OKAY.. it was time for timing belt change for my 99 GS300. So I decided to change everything. I bought drive belt, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, cam seal, crank seal, oil pump seal, timing belt tensioner, timing belt tensioner roller, spark plugs, spark plug wires, pcv valve, throttle body cleaner.... umm I think thats it.

My mechanic quoted me $350.00 to do everything. Is that good enough OR am I being ripped off???

OHH THE DEALERSHIPED QUOTED ME $1069.00 FOR LABOR ONLY!!!

OKAY.. it was time for timing belt change for my 99 GS300. So I decided to change everything. I bought drive belt, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, cam seal, crank seal, oil pump seal, timing belt tensioner, timing belt tensioner roller, spark plugs, spark plug wires, pcv valve, throttle body cleaner.... umm I think thats it.

My mechanic quoted me $350.00 to do everything. Is that good enough OR am I being ripped off???

OHH THE DEALERSHIPED QUOTED ME $1069.00 FOR LABOR ONLY!!!

T

That's sound right to me ! What are you waitting for? Just let your mechanic do it!!!

$719 less than the dealer. Best your going to get. Do it unless you are afraid he may not know what hes doing and its worth the much extra cash to let the dealer do it. You should be able to do the spark plugs, the wires, and clean the TB yourself.

$350 bucks to do all of that? Are you sure this guy knows what he's doing? That's dirt cheap! Do you know how much work goes into changing the timing belt and water pump!! You've got to pretty much dismantle the front of the engine! I'd say, if you comfortable with this guy, then get down there FAST before he sobers up!!! :lol:

$350 bucks to do all of that? Are you sure this guy knows what he's doing? That's dirt cheap! Do you know how much work goes into changing the timing belt and water pump!! You've got to pretty much dismantle the front of the engine! I'd say, if you comfortable with this guy, then get down there FAST before he sobers up!!! :lol:

well he is a certified mechanic and has a big shop, and 2 other mechanics work there too. I think he from vietnam, these people do specialize in asian cars. but who knows.....anyways he did everything and yes he did take off all of the front engine.. ... but now the engine light came on saying "system too lean" and in the morning when i turned on the car the engine was ratteling from side to side, but after about 5 minutes it quit down and was idling normal.