Trans. Leak 04

tim john

Hello, my 04 es had small trans. leak. Took it in to the dealer, said the trans. had to be re-sealed. Looks like they replaced the bolts and a new gasket. Car has 66000 miles, I got the extended warranty, so it was free, also got to drive a is 250 AWD, that was fun. Anyone else have this problem? How often should I change trans. fluid and to flush or not to? Thanks for any info.

Tim

Hello, my 04 es had small trans. leak. Took it in to the dealer, said the trans. had to be re-sealed. Looks like they replaced the bolts and a new gasket. Car has 66000 miles, I got the extended warranty, so it was free, also got to drive a is 250 AWD, that was fun. Anyone else have this problem? How often should I change trans. fluid and to flush or not to? Thanks for any info.

Tim

My tranny pan is dry as a bone....and have not seen many on here with a leak for our generation ES...but glad the repair was covered.

I do a simple 'drain & fill' every 2 years or 30k miles.....I use Amsoil 'Universal' Synthetic ATF which is compatible with Toyota Tyie IV fluid.....it's excellent stuff. More info here...

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx

:cheers:

its a bit early but it happens. good thing you were covered and now you dont have to worry about it for a loooong time.

Hello, the leak is not the pan, the bolts and gasket are where it bolts to the engine, and I think it still leaks. Checked it this morning and found one drop of fluid. Wiped the area clean, got some running around to do before I go to work. I'll check it again, if still leaking, back to the dealer. Not very happy about this. Car has great. Thanks for the reply. Have a good day.

Tim

The rear main seal. I had a rear main seal leak repaired under the extended warranty at about 85k miles.

Yeah take it back to the dealer...it might just be a pool of fluid somewhere from the repair.

The rear main seal. I had a rear main seal leak repaired under the extended warranty at about 85k miles.

Yeah take it back to the dealer...it might just be a pool of fluid somewhere from the repair.

Hello, thanks for all the help, hope thats all it is. drove it for about 20 min. no leak. I'll check it again when I come home from work. My dealer has been great so far. I'll wait a few days and if it still leaks I'll take it back. thanks and have a great day.

Tim

Half probably...Maybe $800...

Hello, I'll find out when I take mine back. Still a leak. Looks like engine oil now. not 100% sure. Don't feel like jacking the car up, let the dealer check it. Glad its on warranty. I'll keep you posted.

Tim 04es

If it was tranny fluid the first time it could have been the torque converter seal. The rear main on the engine would have created the engine oil leak.

If it was tranny fluid the first time it could have been the torque converter seal. The rear main on the engine would have created the engine oil leak.

hello, car is in the dealer for the weekend. They are going to let it sit and if it leaks. i told them on short runs it did'nt leak. 14 15 mile runs it would. i have a rx 350 to drive all weekend, I hope they fix it, my warranty runs out March 2010, see what happens. I want my car back. the rx is great, but its not mine. let you know whats up. thanks

Tim

Hello, back in the dealer again, 3rd time. Last time they said it was a axle seal. O.K. three days later more tranny fluid, more then before. Not a few drops but a small puddle. Not happy at all. I think they might have to pull the trans. Got a es 350 to drive. They pulled the drivers side floor mat so I don't go smashing into a tree or pole. Anyone heard any more about that recall with the floor mat sticking the gas pedal? See what happens with my car.

Tim